Chapter 15: One Nighter

*

Mia was sitting at the counter in her favourite pub, drinking a glass of wine and chatting with a girl from the gambling department. She couldn't figure out what the girl's deal was, but she was slowly starting to be sick of Debby. "I'm telling you" Debby continued her rant. "Roy is the cutest little thing, ever! Yesterday, he fell asleep in the cutest position!" She gasped in excitement. "I actually took a picture! Do you want to see it?" Mia gave her a sweet smile.

"Of course! dogs are just the best!" Mia said, faking her annoyance to perfection. Debby stayed by Mia's side for over an hour, and she was trying to decide if she should just get up and leave her but Debby beat her to it. "I'm sorry, Mia, but Alessandra just texted me, so I need to get going." She said and ran off towards the exit. This girl never seemed to leave Alessandra's side. Most people in the gang are convinced the poor thing was in love with her. Mia let out a sigh of relief, glad to be finally alone, then turned around to the bartender.

"Hey, Bruce! A fill up please!" She called just when a young fellow sat down on a stool beside her. He looked like he was completely given up on life and Mia smiled. I know something about that. She thinks to herself. She wondered if she should try and have some fun today, when the bartender finally came with the wine. "Just leave the whole bottle here" Mia said, tapping her finger on the table and pouring some more out for herself.

*

Oliver just couldn't believe Gina, the woman he thought to be the love of his life left him. Especially when he needed her the most. Never in his life had he seen a city this corrupt and emotionally draining. It was almost like there was law but no order. Just chaos. His heart was broken into pieces and he never felt this lonely before.

Even though Oliver quit drinking a long time ago but here he was, once again in a bar. Anthony, his partner asked him about his new assignment but Oliver just walked out on him. He knew Anthony had no intention to help him out. He only wanted to sell the information later. He was as crooked as a fish hook.

Oliver sat down on a stool, brooding over the bar. He didn't even remember how to ask for a drink. The bartender was going to ask him but he realized the young lady got the whole bottle for both of them. Mia poured him a drink and pushed it towards his side. "Bad day?" She asked taking a sip from her drink when Oliver finally noticed her. "That's an understatement." He murmured with a soft chuckle as she held her hand out to him.

"The name's Mia. Nice to meet you." she said with a smirk creeping up on her face. It finally hits Oliver who she was. Out of everyone in the world, he had to sit with an Armani captain. Anthony would definitely judge him right now or maybe even be proud of him. He knew he should at least attempt to arrest her, but he also feared being alone in that moment.

"Oliver." He replied, kissing her hand before taking a sip from the long overdue drink. He coughed as the alcohol burned his throat. He wasn't used to the taste or burn anymore but that already made the heartbreak better. He felt like he could use this night to forget everything. In fact, he needed it. He let the city corrupt him for one night at least.

"Thanks for the drink." He said smiling nervously. "Don't be silly. I see myself in your deep, sad eyes." She whispered and moved closer. Oliver knew it wasn't going to end well but he downed the drink anyway so he could blame the alcohol for whatever that was about to happen. 

A/N

Sorry for the late update guys! Something came up. However next update won't be late. Come again on Friday!
Next chapter: Daddy's Here