Part 2

Part - 2

Note: Unedited

The next morning was as usual and at 9:30 I saw Nikhil waiting for me near his car. I walked past him and went to my car and drove off. He should know how to talk to me. He can’t be rude to me. I reached the office before him and went to my cabin directly. I do have a cabin right beside his one. I saw him walk into his cabin after 5 minutes.

I got a call from his PA saying that the meeting will start in 5 minutes in his cabin. I went to his cabin and after 2 minutes two men arrived. Nikhil and I stood up to greet them. One was old and the other was young.

The younger one was eyeing me and when I extended my hand for a handshake he came to hug me. But to my rescue Nikhil came and stood in front of me and said “Hello Mr. Malhotra meet my wife Suhana. She is the designer I’ve been talking about.” He said. Possessive much huh?

I just nodded my head and we all sat down. We soon were in a discussion. They were giving us their requirements and I was noting them down so I could design. The meeting ended around lunch time.

“Will you join me for lunch?” I asked him.

“Hmmm.” He said.

We were eating the food sent by Rekha in my cabin. I broke the silence by asking “Will you come for the charity show after two months? It is in Mumbai at my dad’s hotel.” Please say yes. Please say yes.

“I will see.” He said with blank expression. He always attended my shows. I was a little disappointed with his answer.

I nodded and the rest of the lunch went in silence.

Then he got a call. He smiled while answering it. A genuine smile. “Hello dad. How are you?”

It should be my dad as his parents are in USA.

“I’m fine.”

“Work is going good.”

“Yea she is with me.”

“She must’ve left her personal mobile at home. She has her work phone.”

“Do you want to talk to her?”

“Hold on.” He said and handed me the mobile.

“Hello dad how are you?” I asked.

“I’m good. How are you?” he asked.

“I’m doing well. How are mom and Ashu?” I asked.

“They are good and I have to talk about Ashu.” He said.

“Tell me.” I said.

“She wants to come to Mumbai tomorrow to spend her holidays with you and Nikhil. I wanted to confirm if you and Nikhil have any plans else she will come to Mumbai for a week or two.” He said.

“Hold on dad. I have to ask Nikhil.” I said.

“Nikhil can Ashu come home for a week or two to Mumbai to stay with us?” I asked.

“Why not? It would be fun with her.” He said.

“Dad, he is ok with it. She can come tomorrow. Just text me at what time will she land so I can pick her up.” I said.

“I’ll do that. Bye take care love you.” He said.

“Bye dad. Love you too.” I said. Nikhil took the mobile from me and said “Bye dad take care.”

Nikhil ended the call and right after that he got a call from Ashu. He showed me the caller Id and said “Kids”

He picked up the call and kept it on speaker.