Comfort From Sara:

The first thing you did as your feet touched the metal floor of the wave rider was to run to your room. A buzzing sound touched your mind, the world seemed disconnected. Everything around you has lost focus.

In your mind, there was only red.

You were leaning over the bathroom sink, your hands soggy under the stream of cold water. The feeling was that the more you rubbed, more blood would cling to your skin.

Your breathing was hitting and your mind went blank, you sight losing focus

"Angel!" the voice sounded so far, so far

A slap

The blaze in your cheeks seemed to bring you back to reality. You blinked.

One

Twice

Your eyes focused on the blonde in front of you

Blue eyes stared at you with immense concern.

"Sara?" you whispered and the blonde seemed to let out a sigh of relief.

"You scared the hell out of me" Sara turned off the tap and pulled you into a hug.

"It's okay, I have you"

Sara held you so tight that your ribs ached

But you didn't care. The warmth and comfort seemed like a surge of safety against your feelings

"I could not save her" you let loose in a choke, the tears finally coming to you

"It was not your fault. There's nothing you could do. It's the story" Sara murmured against your ear, a hand caressing your head. "We can't change the story" Sara murmured, her voice heavy, loaded with understanding.

She understood.

If there was anyone who understood what you were feeling right now it was Sara.

"It was just a child ..." you moaned, feeling a new wave of tears coming.

Sara just held you tighter, you two running down to the bathroom floor, Sara never let go.

"I know"

And Sara remained until all anguish came out of you in the form of weeping, until your body ceased to tremble until your beats regulated and you fell into a deep sleep.

And she carried you to the bed and stood ready to push away all the nightmares as well.