Chapter 12

Lumine's POV

I'm finally back to school after a week! Things were still going out okay. Kody is hanging out with Calla and Eliot with me, Kody won't let me go off his sight—which I don't really know why, and Jerald has been a less bother of me. My grades had increased a lot compared to my worse grades, and I'm considered the smartest in school! Although, I don't really consider myself as the 'smartest'. I'm still a naive and curious little child.

I've also been getting a little more healthy lately, minus the wounds made from Bill, and getting bullied and raped by Jerald. But I'm still okay, as long as I'm alive!

I was walking home with Kody. Well, more like being carried than walking. Unfortunately, I got into a fight when I came back after my heat. I got in a fight with a group of weredogs, and ended up getting a broken arm, fingers, and ankle. I went to the nurse to patch it up, and Kody now has to take care of me.

I took a glance at Bill, who was walking beside Kody's feet. I twitched my broken arm. It felt uncomfortable. I shifted a bit, and Kody seems to notice. "What?" I tilt my head to his, our nose an inch close.

"You okay?" He asks. "You want me to stop?"

I shook my head, gesturing and assuring him that I'm okay. I adjust myself to a comfortable position, and once I'm done, Kody began moving. I rest my head on his shoulder. I was slowly falling asleep, but was unable to due to so much movement and pain from my arm.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled. I heard him reply with a hum. I took a deep breath. "Am I bothering you?" I asked, and I repeated once more. "Am I a bother? A burden? Sorry for troubling you like this, it wasn't supposed to go this way. I-"

"It's okay, Lumine." He cut me off. "I'm fine with it."

"A-are you sure?" He nodded and continues walking.

We've arrived home, and Kody make his way to my room to lay me down on my bed. I find his gentleness nice and calming. Never once he was like this until now. Since when did he changed?

"You should rest." Kody says, covering me with a blanket. He pauses. "Are you hungry?"

I shook my head, and my stomach growls. My cheeks began to burn in embarrassment. Kody smirks a bit, and went out to go get some food. He came back with a plate of steak and water. My mouth waters at the steak.

A fork with a piece of steak was brought up to my face. "Say ahh." Kody jokes. My cheeks burns even more, and I swear I probably look like a tomato. "I'm not a baby." I pouted.

Damnit. I want to feed myself, but I'm not left handed.

"You're injured, so...?"

I humphed, opened my mouth, and ate the piece of steak. I hummed in satisfaction. It's been a while since I've eating something this good! Kody continues to feed me until the plate is empty, and I drank all of the water.

"Thanks." I thanked him as he put the plate and cup away. "No prob." He replied, and walked out of the room. I was left alone. It was quiet being left alone in my room, and it was very boring. All I just did was staring at the ceiling while laying down. I tried to go to sleep, but I couldn't due to my injuries that were making me uncomfortable. It's hard to get in a comfortable position with injuries.

I groaned when I sat up, and rubbed my head with my palm. I tried to get off the bed and get out of the room, but without anyone to help support me, I couldn't. Plus, Kody will get mad at me if I'm not on my bed. I had decided to just stay in my room and lay on my bed.

"Bill..." I mumbled. That spirit was very mysterious. But learning little by little about it, I kind of start to understand it a little more. It wants to stay with Kody, and it keeps attacking me because I'm probably a threat.

I slowly closed my eyes and unconsciously fell asleep.