Chapter 1 - The Audition & Training Stage

This story is about Kae. Her birth name is Koo A-Eun and she was born on 1st September 1998 in South Korea, Jeju. Since young, she have been living with her aunt and uncle as her father is a surgeon who is always busy and her mother is an air stewardess who is always not home. But she have a best friend who is also her cousin, Koo Junhoe, who have been there with her all her life.

As Kae turned 8 on 1st September 2006, her aunt signed Junghoe and her up for many kpop companies audition and she was the only one accepted into YG Entertainment. This was because she was talented in singing and she would always sing together with Junhoe all the time. Kae then became a trainee of YG since Dec 2006.

The training was tough. What's tougher was making friends in the company. Kae is an introvert, and she wasnt good at starting a conversation with anyone and that she was mostly alone. There was singing and dancing test every 3 weeks, the company trainers will also check on the trainees weight and test all on their professional speaking. She was also tested on rapping as they trained her to be a rapper. Kae didn't like it, she preferred singing, but what can she do?

Years and years just went by. Kae joined Produce 101: S Produce in 2013 June as recommended by YG Entertainment and she was the only one from YG to join the reality program. Reminiscent back to when Kae first stepped into the big hall, many eyes were staring at her, not because she looks funny but because she is the girl from YG Entertainment. YG Entertainment was one of the top kpop companies in South Korea, therefore many people had high expectations of the trainees from YG.

(skip the details in every episodes of Produce 101)

Kae was always ranked the top 5 in every episodes ranking, and was always one of the 11 to be confirmed in the debut line-up. She worked hard everyday in the program training in hope to debut and succeed with her efforts and not just her company's image.

(skips to last episode of Produce 101)

It's the finale of the reality program, everything has come to an end, it was time to finally announce the debut line-up of the new MNET Girl Group. Kae's parents who were always busy, took time off to come down and support her including her aunty and uncle who took care of her since young. But, what didnt struck her previously has finally strike. YG Entertainment has never been on the good side with MNET, Kae's votes were manipulated. Instead of being the top 5 in rank to debut, she was ranked 12th. The first number that was not able to debut. Kae felt miserable and useless, she felt cheated in this 2 to 3 months, trying so hard in this program yet all was just a lie. She cried. She ran home, locked herself up, and turned off her phone. She didnt want to socialise.