CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER 2:  First day of year ten today.  Yay.  Yet another year of hell begins.  As usual, I wake up at 6:15 am and find the house silent.  Mum and dad are already left for work and Adeline still fast asleep being Miss. Sleeping Beauty of 2012.  My mum owns an Italian restaurant in the middle of Melbourne called ‘Delizioso’.  It is my favourite place to go in the whole world.  I love the smell of fresh vegetables and spices and the oasis of classic music and peace.  Although, my dad on the other hand, is a dental assistant.  You know...one of those people who hand the dentist their tools and suck the saliva out of your mouth with those plastic vacuum things.  He works at a dentist in Geelong called ‘Say Cheeze’.  I don’t like being at that place at all! 

6:30 already, I hope Adeline’s up!  And of course she’s not.  I think it’s time to bring out the pots and pans!  CRASH! BANG! THUMP!   Yeah I think that worked.  “SHUT UP CORA!!!!” Adeline yells.  Sleeping Beauty awakens.  “ADELINE ya gotta get up it is quarter-to!”  Oh my god.  Time for plan B.  I run into her room and rip the sheets of her bed.  “COOORRRRAA!” she grizzles.  “For the last time Adeline you need to get the hell out of your bed, you can sleep later!”  Works every time.  By the time its 8:00am we’re ready to go!  Adeline hates our school uniform.  It includes a black blouse, white skirt, grey socks, with finishing white elbow-length gloves. Adeline is sorta more of a COLOUR person, while the only sight of colour is the embodied name of the school on our blouses.  We attend ‘Central Melbourne’s Private School for Wise Girls’.  I don’t know what the ‘wise’ part is there for I know plenty of girls that attend that have got no idea what they are doing.  We are on scholarships anyways.  My dad says that we are the ones that make ‘Central Melbourne’s Private School for Wise Girls’ actually wise.  While I just think he is sucking up to his only daughters.