𝟬𝟬𝟭, 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒌𝒊𝒅𝒔

𝟬𝟬𝟭,  story time is for kids.

             It had been years since Maya Walsh felt this complete and satisfied with her life

It had been years since Maya Walsh felt this complete and satisfied with her life. The constant need to fight for her safety, or even staying alert for nearby walkers was no longer an everyday source of priority, at least for now, it wasn't. The prison was the safest place the girl had been in since the start of the whole walker outbreak, her having to suffer the loss of someone she deeply cared for everyday, or them disappearing as she hoped for their return, only to never see them again, rarely occurring in the few months they've been there.

After her father's death back at the farm, the teenage girl was finally starting to find her happiness again. The source being her mother, and the people who fought to protect and keep her fed. They were the ones who kept a smile on her face, and she considered every single one of them her family. Maya felt like she owed them, as many times they saved her life. Though, since she was young and would barely be of any use to them, she did what she could to help out.

The brunette with long healthy hair, (despite the conditions they lived in), was currently occupied in her cell. Maya's short legs remained across her bunk bed, sprawled on top of Makayla's midsection, the teenage girls busy gossiping about the boys around their age. Carl laid on the top bunk, sneakily, trying to listen to their gossip session as he pretended to read the comic book in his hand. Anyone with a brain could tell that he wasn't paying the comic not even the slightest attention, and if they asked him what it was about he would be at an immediate loss for his words.

            "Have you ever noticed the way Patrick stares at you? He's in love, I swear on my left hand." Makayla suddenly blabbered, causing Carl's head to raise, the boy trying his best not to let out a scoff at the revelation. "That's ridiculous. Patrick stares at everyone. He's more in love with 'Mr. Dixon' than he is me." Maya explained, a few girlish giggles escaping her mouth.

             Carl could only roll his eyes at their conversation, in fact he knew it was true. Patrick is in love with Maya, and he certainly does have a weird obsession with Daryl. Once he started talking about the man, he would never stop. It could go on for several torturous hours, just like the conversation that he was unwillingly snooping on. They had been talking since he woke up, he could've left over an hour ago but his curiosity simply got the best of him.