4: Valentine

*Victoria: one year later*

Victoria had crossed off every name on the list. Jonathan was still staying in the palace, but thankfully hadn't caught on about her identity as Vex, nor that she was in search of Drake's killer. Three days after she parted ways with Max, her parents announced Drake's death to the public; but kept the cause of death a secret. She was supposed to meet suitors last year; but with everything that happened with Drake, it was put on hold. But she wouldn't have to worry about that until tomorrow, at least that’s what she thought. She got dressed and headed downstairs, for breakfast.

Jonathan

Jonathan stepped into the hall outside his room, only to run into the princess. She looked beautiful. She had her long-red hair in a long braid, and wore a long dark-blue dress that looked like the one she wore the day they met, because it too dragged slightly behind her. Their eyes met and he froze, like every time he saw them. They were emerald green. Then he realized he'd knocked her down onto the floor, and immediately helped her to her feet.

“Here. Sorry for the delay.”, he said.

“It was my fault, I apologize.”, she said. Then he extended his arm, so that he could escort her to the grand hall. She wrapped her arm around his and they started walking. When they entered, there was a man, wearing a nice black leather suit, and had a knife strapped to his side. His blonde hair reaching his shoulders. The princess froze. And he saw a tear side down her cheek.

“Valentine.”, she whispered in disbelief.

Victoria

“Victoria, this is the suitor your mother and I were speaking to you about. Though, it would seem the two of you already know each other, wonderfull.”, her father said happily.

“Well, well. I expected you to have run for the hills by now.”, Valentine taunted.

“Leave. Now.”, she said.

“Sorry, Dearie, I can't do that.” He said, a sly smile danced on his lips as he said the nickname he once addressed her by, in affection. She signaled to Felix; but he held his ground, following her parents orders, as she should have known. Fine. She thought. She grabbed a crossbow from one of the guards standing next to her, and pointed it at Valentine. Everyone froze, shocked expressions on their faces, all except for Valentine, who laughed at her efforts. 

“It's been three years. You're still mad? Honestly Vic, you'll hurt yourself with that.”, he said. She lowered the crossbow, and walked out of the room, crying.

Jonathan

Tears streaming down her face Victoria walked out of the room. Rage began to build up inside of him. He didn't know who this man was but he hurt her somehow, enough for her to want to shoot him.

“What did you do to her?”, he asked the man. Who didn't seem to even care she was crying.

“I don't believe that's any of your business.”, he said, “Where were we?”, he asked the king and queen. Jonathan left the room, before he could hear the king's answer, to find Victoria.

Victoria
*Three years ago*

Valentine held her pinned to the wall. She struggled free from his grasp, but he grabbed her wrist, forcing her to stay where she was, pinned to the cold, stone wall behind her, and facing him.

“Where do you think you're going, Vex. Should I call you Vex or Victoria?”, he asked. She continued to struggle, Valentine only laughed at her attempts for freedom. 

“Hey!”, shouted Drake as he ran toward them, “Let go of my sister!”,  Valentine froze.

“Take her. She'll come back. Won't you Vex?”, Valentine asked, giving Victoria a deathly smile. Then he walked off.