Ghost

(I do not own that song, Poison belongs to Cavetown. Also, this whole thing won't make much sense if you haven't read "Devil and Angel" from Hidden Secrets Series. Just putting that out there...)

"don't be afraid"

Winter could see his life flashing before his eyes. It wasn't fair. No.... It wasn't just unfair, Winter had been cheated. His mother's eyes full of regret yet compassion. He lifted his weak head, reaching his paw towards her...but she faded before his eyes. Don't leave me.

"there's nothing strange...It's not a trap."

His sister's blue eyes fading from affection to anger. Misplaced judgement. Her words echoing in his ears, "I'll never abandon you Winter"....Star could claim that Winter betrayed Nightclan all she wanted but Winter knew who the real traitor was.

"...but there's cars coming closer and I think they're trying to run me over"

After everything they had been through, Star had betrayed him. She had chosen her clan over her brother. She decided to abandon him just like their mother had. Just like how Nightclan turned on Winter so quickly once they realized he was useless to them.

"poisoning my food..."

Anxiety gnawing away at him, Winter forced his eyes shut. That's all it was the whole time. They only stay if I'm still useful to them... but I'm not anymore.  So they want to hurt me.

"and putting drugs inside my water.."

I know now though. They can't make a fool out of me anymore. I see the clear truth behind their murky deception.

"There's ghosts in my house,"

Father made that clear. He helped me start seeing the truth and I saw the rest on my own. Yes, that's what he did. He saved me from their lies when he spoke to me in my dreams. Meaning he was right. This is what I was destined to do. What I was made for.

"and I can taste blood in my mouth.... Don't be afraid, I'm not insane. Just irrational."

Adrenaline rushing through his mind as Star's claws ripped through his stomach. He had been made for this ever since the beginning. The moment he opened his eyes, his vows had been sealed.

"....but isn't that the same?"