Chapter two

"go away," growled the tall male. after a brief moment of no sign of movement, he huffed. Tobio turned to face the smaller boy next to him, who was staring at him wide eyed. "YOU'RE KAGEYAMA TOBIO! THE KING OF THE COURT!" the ginger shouted, as Kageyama winced at himself being called that pain bringing nickname. "dont call me that." Tobio stated coldly to the smaller boy. the energized boy didn't seem to move at the ice cold statement. 'weird..' Kageyama thought to himself.

After trying to avoid conversation with the ball of sunshine next to him, the class had started. after a few good minutes of getting introduced to the class, more about the subject, rules, and types of assignments the class would do, Tobio started to zone out while looking out the window. he started having flashbacks to the game before high school, and that one specific ginger boy.

"Kageyama..? KAGEYAMA!" that scream had sure brought him back to reality. there he was, the idiot shortie standing at the front of his desk, a determined look in his eye. "class has ended! did you zone out?" Tobio just glared as he sat up and slung his bag on his shoulder. "go away, chibi-chan," he growled, his eyes giving off an ice look as Kageyama stared down at the short boy in front of him. "leave me alone. don't you remember me telling you before?" he placed his hand on the ginger male's hair, gripping onto it. while doing so, he heard a small whimper from the boy "leave me be before I have to tell you again. got it?" the ginger gave a slight nod before Kageyama let go and stomped off to his next class.

Before Tobio headed into his next class however, he headed to the restroom. the raven haired boy placed his bag next to him on the floor, before bending over the sink and turning the water on. small tears formed in his eyes, daring to flood put at any second. "damn it, I let my anger get the better of me," Kageyama whimpered to himself as the tears poured out and mixed with the water in the sink below the tall male. he punched himself in the face, the impact point immediately getting red. he turned off the water and rubbed his face before he grabbed his bag and began to make his way to his class.

The bell had rung immediately as Tobio got to his seat. he noticed a girl next to him had started to giggle, in a mocking sort of fashion. some of the other students were questioning what happened to Kageyama. "did he get into a fight already?" one kid muttered. another chimed in "I heard he almost got expelled before in junior high, so it's not surprising." the teacher shushed them, and started to explain the same thing his last teacher had explained.

~~

It was the end of the day, and Kageyama was on his way to the gym. what for? volleyball practice, duh. 'I hope that annoying ginger kid isn't here. but-' Tobio's thought trailed off as he bumped into someone. 'whoever it is, it's not that short shrimp,' he looked to whoever he bumped into. the other had moved away, waving his hands in front of his face in apology. "I'm so sorry about that. hey, aren't you Kageyama Tobio? Daichi said you would be showing up," the figure smiled brightly, just like he was someone's mom. "yes I'm Kageyama, but who are you? and who's Daichi?" the male still had a smile on his face as he seemed to already know Tobio would ask that. "I'm Sugawara Koushi, the volleyball team's vice captain and setter but most people call me Suga," Sugawara practically seemed to drag Tobio into the gym, as he saw two other people standing there.

"is this him?" asked a tall, black haired, masculine guy. Koushi gave a nod with that sweet smile as he ley go of Kageyama. the tall setter looked around in confusion, thinking the other team members would just come crawling out of the darkness somewhere. the masculine figure held out a hand for Tobio to shake. "I'm Daichi Sawamura. Karasuno's captain and wing spiker. nice to meet you," Tobio hesitantly shook his hand back, but noticed the other guy hadn't said a word, he just kept looking at them all in a funny expression. Suga glared down at the buzz cut guy, then he leaned over to Kageyama "that's Tanaka, don't worry about hi-" Suga was then cut off as there was a loud opening and slam of the gym doors.
"KAGEYAMA TOBIO! I AM HERE TO FACE YOU!" shouted an all too familiar voice.