Part 1

I'm walking to school on a cold November morning. The sky was grey with heavy clouds and it slightly windy out, but not enough to be bothersome. In order to get to my school, I have to walk through the park that's across the street from my house. The park is actually very well kept and it is still really pretty, even in the late fall when the beautiful red and orange leaves have left the branches of the trees. The dry brown leaves now covered the ground beneath the trees.

As I  am walking on the orange-ish brick path, I notice a guy, who is wearing your school uniform, taking photos of the quiet scenery. I walk in this park every day and I have never seen him before. I've never seen him at school before either. Maybe he is a new student. I keep walking anyway because it is cold and I suppose I'll find out who he is eventually.

After a few more minutes, I finally make it to your school gates. I look around to see if the park-guy is here. He isn't, so I decide to finally get to class because I'm almost late.

So basically, I go to a preparatory high school, and it has some weird dynamics. The main thing is that my grade is split up into groups of thirty because that's how many seats there are in each classroom. Also, every classroom has the same basic setup so the school makes us have the same desk partner in every class.

As I enter my first class I notice that everyone is in different seats.

"Y/N, we changed seats as you can tell so go ahead and take a seat somewhere and that will be your seat for the rest of the school year." says your teacher Mrs.Bruington.

I look around to find an empty seat next to someone but, they are all taken except for an empty desk in the back corner of the room. Oh no, I'm going to have to sit by myself for the rest of the year.

"Y/N, I'm so sorry I can't sit with you," my friend Lainy says, "I tried to save a spot for you but stupid Mrs.Bruington said I had to let him sit here", she says as she motions towards her desk partner.

     " It's okay" I giving her a reassuring smile before heading to my seat. I mean, I guess I can't complain about this too much. It's better than having to sit next to someone I don't like the whole year.

     Just seconds after I sit down and accept the whole situation, a student is no I have not seen before enters the room. I study him closely while he speaks quietly to Mrs.Bruington. He looks nervous. He and Mrs. Bruington then walk to the front of the class.

     "Okay class, we have a new student," she says with a wide smile plastered to her face. "Why don't you introduce yourself," she says turning to the new student.

     He looks at our teacher then back at the class extremely nervously. "Um...Hello my name is Taehyung and I am an exchange student from South Korea and I will be staying here until next November," he says monotonously as if he had rehearsed his introduction a million times.

     His voice was very smooth and deep when he spoke, which is kind of surprising. Taehyung then proceeds to walk toward my desk. At that moment it hit me that he was going to be my desk partner and that this was our desk now.

     He sits down next to me and stares straight ahead. I don't know if I should say hi or something. Well, I guess I should be nice.

     "Hi, my name is Y/N," I say to him warmly. He looks at me surprised then looks down at his fidgeting hands.

     " Hi," he says shyly.

     "Well it looks like we are going to be sitting with each other the rest of the year," I say trying to make conversation.

     "Yeah" he whispers while still looking down at his hands.

     He seems to be pretty nervous. I think I'm stressing him out so I don't try to continue the conversation if it can even be considered that.

     "Okay class, let us begin," Mrs.Bruington says as she begins to teach her lesson.

     I glance over at Taehyung to see him listening intently to our English teacher. He seems to be pretty shy. I wonder if he will be like this for the rest of the year. Maybe he is like this right now because it's the first day at a new school in a new country. I don't know yet but, it looks like we are going to be around each other quite a bit this year.

Hello this is the author and this is my first fanfic and if you are reading this I hope you enjoyed the first chapter and if you have any criticism please tell me in the comments. Thank you 😊