Chapter 5

"Y/N! Wake up!" You heard your friend as you rubbed your head lightly, groaning under your breath.

You felt a small amount of blood on your fingers as you opened your eyes staring up at the night sky as your friend grabbed your hand, pulling you to stand up with her as the soldier tried to push the carriage back upright.

"What happened?" You asked as your friend scowled.

"You don't remember? We hit a rock and the carriage broke away from the horses, luckily the soldier rounded them up and if we can help him push the carriage upright we may be able to get to the ball on time."

You let her words sink in before you ran over to help the soldier, grabbing the side of the carriage and pushing it up. It took a couple seconds but with your little bit of help he finally pushed it upright thanking you afterwards.

"No problem, Thank you for doing your best to help us." You smiled at him before helping your friend back into the carriage hurrying in yourself not wanting to be to late to the ball.

Jungkook stood by the doors of the palace with patient eyes as he waited for the last carriage to arrive, hearing that the soldier guiding the said carriage had gotten in an accident just outside of the village.

"Son, You must come in the maidens are waiting." His mother put her hand on his shoulder as he shook his head.

"No thank you mother, I have an apology to make to the two maidens who have been in an accident with one of our soldiers, I will be inside soon I'm sure they are almost here."

Instead of arguing the queen only smiled brightly at her son and bowed lightly.

"Of course, but please don't be long." She went back inside as Jungkook straighted up his posture again looking over the night sky.

Something told him there was a reason one carriage was late, Was this his father's way of singling out the woman he was suppose to meet tonight? The possibility rang in his head before a carriage pulled infront of the castle.

He approached it as he bowed a little at the driver in apology for the distress that was caused before returning his attention to the maidens in the cart.

"Please allow me to help the two of you down." He held out his hand as he helped the lady in the pink dress out first apologising to her as he pecked her hand lightly, getting her name before allowing her to join the girls inside hesitantly.

After the first girl left he realized he still had another to greet.

"May I?" He reached his hand out grabbing yours as he helped you out of the cart gently.

"I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience you had to suffer tonight due to our carriage and service." He bowed his head to the maiden who smiled.

"Its really no worry, It is not the royals carriage nor, Service that has failed tonight, it was simply a rock inside the road." You bowed your head back at him as He smiled.

"Did you or your sister get hurt during the accident?" He asked as you touched your head a little in return.

"My head was bleeding a bit earlier but no, not severely I'm just glad that I get to be in the presence of the young prince and her highness tonight, nothing that isnt worth the trouble. I'm sure I will enjoy meeting them both." You assured the man as he nodded.

"I'm sure our Majesty's won't disappoint, please make your way back in with the other." He pecked your hand lightly before looking up at you.

"Mrs.."

"Y/N." You gave him your name as he nodded.

"Y/N.' You heard him whisper as you walked into the hall, meeting your bestfriend who immediately clung to your arm.

"He thought we were sister's." You smile.