Chapter 1

I'm Aly Winston. I live in Atlanta Georgia . I'm 14 , I'm in grade 9 . I go to Georgian Hummer High School . Its been quiet today and everyones been shaky . I kept to myself like i do most days . I walked down the hall quietly when i saw a group of kids running toward the gym . I joined them .

" Its ok ! Quiet down the police are on there way ! " Principal Bennett screamed

" What are those things ? " One of the student screamed

" No one knows . Yet . " Principal Bennett says . I looked around the room to find Penelope . I started freaking out because she was no where in the room . I heard a high pitched scream as i searched for her , but that scream was her scream . I looked around and saw one attacking her . But everyone just scattered . I pushed myself threw the crowd and saw that i was to late it had bit her neck . No one helped her . No one had the heart too . But then the thing tried to come attack me . And a bullet went straight threw its head and i was pulled into someones arms . Someones strong arms . Someones arms I've never been in . The arms i didn't want to leave . I looked up and saw Jonny Reid . I pulled away and sat beside Penelope stroking her hair . I looked down and saw she had her bracelet and necklace both on . I took them off and shoved them in my jean pocket . I just sat there crying into my hands . I then heard sobbing behind me . I turned around to see who it was and saw my mom .

" Mom ! "

" Aly ! "

" I want to go home. " I say

" Were going right now ." We got in are car An drove to are house seeing many of those things on the way . My dads car was in the driveway . He was safe. I ran inside and saw my dad packing up things we had his guns and all canned foods and water . I ran upstairs and packed my gymnastics bag full of stuff clothes mostly and a family photo , before running out i grabbed a blanket . I ran down stairs and saw both dad and mom with bite marks in there neck and then one of those things . I grabbed a knife and stabbed it in the head . I took both my dads hunting knifes and put one into one of my bags and hooked the other knife to my pants. I walked along the road seeing nothing . Why was this happening ? Without mom and dad how was i gonna survive . No one to push me or protect me when i can't . I looked at the bracelet and necklace i had took from Penelope . And i just wanted to be back with my family again . I sat down at a shops wall and felt something being shoved to my head .

" Give us your stuff and i don't shoot. " i heard a deep voice say . All i did was throw all my bags at them . I still had my hunting knife attached to my pants .

" You let us get away and when you hear a gun shot you can leave , and don't think i wont shoot you in the head . " The man said

30 mins later : I heard the gun shot an rose to my feet . No weapons , no water , no food , no warmth . Yay lucky me . What was i gonna do . I decided to stay in the forest for the rest of the day and maybe even longer .

1 week later : I'm so hungry i could pass out . I killed 2 squirrel's yesterday and drank the rain water . But it didn't help .