Waiting For A Call

The group rode to the hospital. The atmosphere around the sad, droopy and uncertain as Diane's noises of sadness and her prayers for him to be okay. Estarossa had parked on the emergency side of the hospital and they all ran in and to the receptionist desk. They signed in and questioned if they could see King. Or if he was even okay.

"Sorry. No visitors for Harlequin right now. Doctors are desperately trying to work with him. They've been trying since he's got here hours ago. They think it'll take a while untill they figure out what's wrong with him" said the receptionist at the desk as he looked through reports and papers on the poor hazelnut haired boy.

Diane froze and glared at the ground. Estarossa continued to question the receptionist. "How long do we have to wait?! "

"Mm...a week or two.? We'll call you and let you know as we start finding things so we can update you- phone number?" The receptionist asked for a phone number and decided it was best to put Diane's phone number. "It's his girlfriend's number Kay?" Estarossa said as he wrote it down.

After that, everyone was silently taken home with sadness and disappointment.

[Diane's POV]

-week 1 without Harlequin-

Tuesday, September 9th, day after incident:

I woke up...left in the dirt about what's wrong with him..with Harlequin. I know they'll call me and update me but...I just want to see him. I couldn't have my hourly call with him last night..and what upsets me more is the fact that I couldn't see him yesterday. The stupid hospital wouldn't let us.

I changed into my uniform did my hair, brushed my teeth and grabbed a poptart before leaving the house. I held one of the straps on my bookbag as I started to walk to school. I miss Harlequin so much..I just wanted him to be okay..to be happy.. I thought he was happy. Everyone of us, all of his friends helped him recover from...from..that mess he was in..I can't even bare the thought of what had happened last year..I just..I just can't.

I met up with Elizabeth at friendship street like usual. I saw the slight smile she gave me and I tried to return it. "Are you still worried.? About King?" Elizabeth asked me as we crossed the street together. "Of course I am! I miss him and it's only been.. not even a whole 24 hours!! I just don't want anything to happen to him again" I said over a frown.

Elizabeth sighed, "I bet he'll be okay! He's a good friend and is someone who deserves more than what life is giving him. There's only one way to go when your at the bottom of a hill..and that's up Diane, good things can happen soon." Elizabeth said trying to reassure me, trying to be positive. I just nodded and we made our way to school.

The day has been pretty boring. We were all kinda quiet with eachother until lunch had hit. At some point Ban managed to find a way to make us laugh for a bit but the rest of the classes were boring without Harlequin.

I walked Elizabeth home and headed home myself. When I got home I rushed to change into normal clothes and I jumped on my bed, waiting for my phone to ring. Waiting for the hospital to call me and tell me how Harlequin is doing! I waited and waited and waited what felt like hours but it was only thirty minutes..

I grabbed my phone and groaned in annoyance. I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I set my phone on the counter and skimmed through some things, managing to find some waffles. I took them out of the package and tossed them in the toaster. As I waited for the waffles to cook or toast.. I grabbed some syrup and glanced at my phone.

"When will they call??" I questioned to no one in particular while pouting and crossing my arms. It took a moment but the waffles popped up in the toaster and I put them on a plate poured some syrup on them and grabbed a fork calling it dinner.