Chapter 2

Once, when she was nine, a few bullies were beating Mystery up, but a Rainwing the same age as her stopped them. They became friends and Mystery even developed feelings for the Rainwing. When Mystery confessed to her, she found herself friendless again. Mystery has never looked at anyone like that ever again.

Until she saw this Icewing. The way the dragon sparkled when she walked, how her eyes gleamed like sapphires, and her scales that looked like diamonds when hit with light; Mystery found herself thinking about a million ways to make this Icewing, her Icewing.

" My name is Fennec, and this is Mystery! You must be Crystal," Said Fennec. Crystal was looking around the room and when her eyes fell on Mystery, she paused, and then they just stared at each other until Fennec broke the silence.

" Oh! I brought gifts for my roommates!" She exclaimed, reaching into a bag. She pulled out a silver bracelet and two rose-quartz earrings. She handed the earrings to Mystery and the bracelet to Crystal.

" Woah. Did you make these?" Mystery asked.

" Yup! My mom got the materials for me!" She said proudly. Mystery wondered what other gifts her mother could have made her, if she hadn't been killed.

" I'm hungry!" Crystal announced suddenly. Mystery had been so caught up in her own thoughts that she didn't realize her stomach growling.

The three dragons walked over to the prey center where Mystery was greeted with a familiar voice.

"MYSTY! Where were you?! We made plans to meet here after we met our roommates, remember?!" Bubble cried. She looked genuinely hurt, and Mystery felt bad. HOW could I forget the plans I made with my own BEST FRIEND?!? She thought.

" I'm sorry Bubble! It took longer than expected, but I brought them with me so you could meet them!" She deliberately left out the part where she forgot because of how beautiful Crystal was. She heard someone call out from in the hallway.

" CRYS!!!" A male icewing called. He bounded over to Crystal and threw his wings around her.

"Sleet!" She grumped, surprised. " I didn't know you were coming!" she mumbled as Sleet kissed her head.

" That's because it was a surprise!" He explained. He kissed her some more and Mystery realized that Crystal hated him.

He caught sight of Mystery and he dropped Crystal and slithered over to where she, Fennec, and Bubble were standing. Sleet entwined his tail with Mystery 's and put his wings around her body. Mystery shuddered because of the cold radiating off of him.

Mystery shook him off and hid behind Fennec so he couldn't do that again. He seemed frustrated and angry.

" I was just trying to hug you!" Sleet cried, annoyed. He tried to 'Hug' Fennec but backed away when she pointed her barb at him. " She can't do that!!" He yelled to the gathering crowd.

The crowd mumbled in disagreement and parted as Sunny and Fatespeaker barged through, followed by Tsunami and Clay. Sunny checked on Crystal, Fatespeaker tried to talk Sleet down, while Clay and Tsunami dispersed the crowd.

" All I wanted was something to eat," Fennec murmured to Mystery