Autumn Leaves

The dried, fallen leaves of autumn blanketed the ground with scattered patches of yellow, orange, red, and brown. The air was cooling from its summer heat, these days. Gusts of refreshing winds stirred the leaves from their dangling holds, tumbling them to join the others.
      You raked the dead carcasses of crisp tree-hands into a pile easily as tall as yourself. It had been so long since you played in the leaves. This was a perfect time to do it. As soon as you saw the trees begin to shed their hands, you impatiently waited for days until there were more than enough to make a pile of sufficient coushioning.
      Dressed up in an oversized hoody and some full-length leggings that you found in Slenderman's collection of spare clothes, you had the Tall One keeping a distance from you all day. It was worrying, to say the least. You had hoped he found you to look cute in the get-up, but he hadn't said a word since the moment you made your appearance. Hoping that the joy of jumping into a soft pile of leaves would cheer you up, you raked them a day earlier than planned.
      Now, here you stood, leaning on the rake as you faced your hard work. It waited with sage patience for you to leap into its many old grasps. Part of you didn't want to do this without your master around to watch, but if he was going to ignore you the whole time, then why bother waiting? Hell, if you didn't do it soon, the wind would blow away your pile like grainy sands of time.
      Dropping the rake at your side, you took a couple steps back. Screw it; this was mostly for you, anyway. Slenderman didn't need to be here for it. He was just a cranky old man at heart.
      You lunged forward, anger and disappointment fueling your legs. You hopped as high as you could to reach the top of the pile, only making it a little over half-way up. Jumping was never your fortè. The instant crunching and hissing of leaves protesting against your solid weight filled your ears. The smell of dirt and earthly decay caressed your nostrils. The many hands of trees tickled your skin, catching in your clothes and hair. You took in all of the information your senses had to give you, overwhelmed by them as your eyes held shut. While the leaves weren't as comfortable as your bed, they were still fun to land in. The crispness of the leaves was beginning to irritate your face, however, so you rolled over in an effort to soak in the freedom of your fun for a little longer.
      Instead of seeing the forest canopy hanging above, you found the pale head of Slenderman hovering over your form. He seemed to be bent over, arms on either side of you. The fact that you hadn't even heard him reach into the leaves startled you the most. Still, you didn't say a word, mostly curious if he would finally say something to you.
      Slenderman moved a hand closer to you, resting it on your thigh. He ran his hand upward, under your loose hoody, and trailed his fingertips over the flesh of you waist. His name whispered from you lips as heat rushed to your cheeks. You weren't expecting this at all - not out here.
      Retreating his searching hand, Slenderman slowly collapsed into the pile of leaves at your side. You stared at him, still shooken by his extremely short foreplay. He held his head facing the nearly barren branches above. After some long moments, the being finally spoke up, "This is my favorite season."
      A small smile stretched over your lips. "Yeah," you replied, "it's a nice balance between the heat of summer and freezing of winter."
      "I was more referring to how the empty canopies allow for more moonlight to reflect from my flesh," Slenderman stated bluntly. "It causes me to be more noticable to the prey, yet in a minute way."
      At a loss for words, your smile grew into an amused sneer. Of course the Slenderman would base his opinions on how his kills are affected. A giggle escaped you. "What about the winter? Wouldn't it be even better?"
      Slenderman hummed thoughtfully before replying, "Yes, but the snow reduces my cover in the shadows. I prefer to be only just visible to my victims. It drives them mad as they slowly lose trust in their own eyes." His voice deepened with a predator's grin. He was enjoying this chat, explaining his miniscule little preferences that most would overlook.
      "That's probably why you're so feared," you commented. "You torture people in the worst of ways before they meet their end."
      "Oh, but I am feared for many reasons," your master's head turned to you, gesturing that he was trying to make eye contact. "My preferences in playstyle are the least of anyone's worries."
      "Heh," you let the sound escape your throat, unable to toss another response. Sometimes, it was hard to tell when he was legitimately threatening you or just teasing. The best thing to do was keep yourself neutral in those times.
      For a while, the two of you returned to gazing up at the thinned-out forest arms. The whispers of the trees were all the chatter you listened to. It was almost perfect for a good nap, except you still had something on your mind: "Why haven't you talked to me until now?" You weren't sure how loud you made your inquiry. Part of you was afraid to ask, but it came out, anyway.
      You felt Slenderman shift uncomfortably. A faint, pink blush dusted his cheeks, though you could only see one from his side. He said, "I needed to contain myself. Each time I attempted to interact with you, I found myself nearly bursting with a fire. I had to retreat. Even when I met you here on the leaves, I nearly lost control." Your master rolled onto his side, supporting his upper body with an elbow. "Your clothes cause you to be enticing; dare I say - irresistable." He reached his free arm across your body, hovering himself over you again.
      The heat from earlier rushed back to your face. Your body tensed up for what the lanky being would do this time. Just as you cracked open your lips to speak, Slenderman lowered his head and nestled his forehead into the crook of your neck. His upper torso sank with it, gently resting atop you. To this, you weren't sure how to react. The warmth of his skin touching your already hot neck was somehow soothing, but you couldn't stop blushing. Your hands didn't dare search their way to his body, for fear he might retract himself from you.
        "How has a powerful being such as myself," Slenderman captured your thoughts with his words, "become so captivated by his own Proxy?"
      You didn't respond; you didn't know how to, or even if the question was rhetorical. You simply layed there, soaking up the rare moment of your master's gentle side.
      The leaves crackled ever so slightly as your chest expanded and contracted with your steady breathing. The wind stirred others that loosely framed your view of the trees reaching so high above. If the autumn wasn't already your favorite season, it was well on its way to being so.