Chapter one; my demons - starset

THIS STORY WILL HAVE SEXUAL CONTENT, SWEARING, AND SELFHARM- JUST SO YOU KNOW

Emma Leigh's pov

"Mama, mama guess what." I asked in a happy tone. "Mama?" Why wasnt she answering me? "Mam-" "SHUTUP YOU BITCH! YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN BORN! YOU HAVE WASTED FIVE YEARS OF MY FUCKING LIFE, AND MONEY THAT I COULD STILL BE PISSING AWAY!" my mother yelled at me. "Mama i'm sorry.. i really am" "Shut. The. Fuck. Up. You. Little. brat." Mama was never this mean, what just happened? "Mama, i just wanted to say something i'm sorry." "What was was so fucking important that you had to come and fucking ruin my perfect day, huh?" She hissed at me. "Mama, tomorrow i turn six years old!!" I said regaining my happieness and excitement. "Go tell your god damn father. I could give a fuck less." She yelled at me as she pushed me out of her perfect bedroom, slaming the door. I swear her room looked like it was straight from a magazine.

I skipped down the hall and went down stairs to go tell my father. "Papa guess what!" I said excitedly forgeting the 'mishap' that had just gon down with my mother. "What, pumkin?" He returned with a smile. "Tomorrow i turn six years old!!!" I was practicly yelling at him. "REALLY you are getting old, youngster!" He said ruffilig my hair a bit. "Go tell Mary Jane!" He told me "Okay!" I said with a huge grin on my face.

Me and my sister both were called by our first and middle names at all times, me being Emma Leigh, and my beautiful sister, Mary Jane. Mary Jane had medium length curly brown hair, beautiful brown eyes that were always sparkling, cute pink lips that made her dimples pop, and an amazing smile that could light up your world.

I knocked on her door, waiting for a reply. She didn't say anything so i knocked again. nothing. I shrugged it off and opened her door.

As i opened the door i saw her body lifless with about 15 bleeding cuts on her arms, stomach, and legs. She had a empty bottle for pills next to her and a note next to that. Her beautiful eyes had a tear in them still and lost their usual sparkle.

I screamed at the top of my lungs and felt the tears burning down my face as i looked at my sister, my bestfriends, dead on her floor. My mama and papa came running down the hall, well, my papa did... My mama just kinda slowly made her way down.

My papa looked in and fell on the ground and put his hands on his face, you could still hear his muffled crys. My mama looked at Mary Jane and for a split second, smiled. But she quickly wipped it away and walked to the phone.

I woke up in a pile of my own sweat. I am now 17 years old and that dream still haunts me every night. After what happened to my sister my dad left and 'actidently' drove of a brigde leaving me to my mom. If you could even call her that. She is wicked. I hate her. Nowhere near as much as she hates me tho.

In two weeks i will be turning 18. i have enough credits in highdchool too, once i turn 18 i can graduate and get out of that fucking hell hole. My bestfriend, maddie, insists on getting me something for my birthday even though i keep telling her not to.

'If i were you i'd put that away, see you're just wasted 'nd thinki-'

Speak of the devil. My phone started to ring my bestfriends ringtone. Before it could finish i picked it up.

"Hey maddie" i said still sleepy and still shaking from my dream. "Heyyyy Emma Leigh Parks!!" Oh lord, she only used my full name when she wanted to supprise me. "What did you do this time, you bitch?" I said my voice dripping in sarcasm towards the end of my statment. "Oh, i don't know, maybe got my bestfriend an early birthday present.." she said, i could hear the smile in her voice. "MADDIE I TOLD YOU NOT TO GET ME ANYTHING!" i was happy and said at the fact that she got me something. I still don't like birthdays all that much, i think you could assume why... "YOU WILL LOVE IT THO EMMA!!" "FINE" i said giving in "what is it?" Curiosity taking over me. "Meet at the spot in 15." She finished hanging up as well.

The spot was where we first met. A park not to far from either of our houses. We met on a rainy thursday night. I was 11 at the time and she was 12. It was a day before my birthday and i didn't want to give my mom the pleasure of hearing my cry, so i snuck out. About halfway into my pitty party, Maddie showed up and demanded i tell her what happened. i told her everything i had never told a living soul. She hugged me and told me to meet her there the next day. That was how it all began.

I had 15 minutes to throw on my favorite Pierce the Veil shirt with ripped black skinny jeans and my black Vans with a purple and green skull on them. She also turned me into a band whore if you will. I threw my long black hair into a high pony tail , and climed out my window like i had done for years on my way to see my bestfriend.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

(a/n)

So this is my first ever story, sorry if it sucks but, here ya goooo

p.s. all of my chapter tittle will be songs that either be songd that are good for this chapter , or songs that are stuck in my head while writting this (: thanks for readinggg

P.p.s th pic on top is of Mary Jane

-Maddie(: