December One: Happy Christmas First

December 1st: The First Day of Christmas

   (Set after the series) Also I don’t own the mortal instruments...aduh. Also...this contains swear...so if you’re like….really offended by swear words….sorry??

  The first thing he noticed when he woke up was that there was nobody laying next to him. He rolled over and checked the clock perched beside the bed. 7:30am. That was weird, he usually had to drag Magnus out of bed any time before noon. Suddenly the door slammed open, then a very excited warlock came running in and practically belly flopped on top of Alec. “WAKE UP DARLING ITS THE FIRST DAY OF CHRISTMAS!”

   “What the-Ow! Magnus! What did I say about jumping on me?” Alec groaned, pushing his fiance off him.

Magnus rolled over and flung his arm over his face dramatically. “But Allleeeec! Its the first day of Christmas!!”

 The shadowhunter sat up and frowned at him. Magnus huffed. “Don’t do it. It hurts.”

“Exactly.” He smiled and kissed the warlocks nose.

“Now get up!! Its time to decorate!!!!”

“Decorate?”

Magnus jumped up from the bed and practically bounced out the door, singing Sleigh Ride at the top of his lungs.

“This isn’t even our house!!” Alec shouted after him.

An hour later Alec was dressed, and standing in the freezing cold basement of Jace and Clary’s house. “I feel like Russ from Christmas Vacation.” He huffed, taking the box of christmas lights from Jace.

“You are. Alec….I am your father.” Jace said, tossing a light up candy cane at him.

“Wrong movie.”
The blond shrugged and grabbed the last bag of lights. “Doesn’t matter. Right. now lights time!”  

They trudged outside, dragging all the boxes and various christmas-y lawn ornaments with them. With a thud the two men dropped them into the snowy driveway and turned to look at the house. It was your average small rural house, with chipped white paint, black trim and a wimpy swing set in the back yard. Jace and Clary had moved into about 6 months ago, when they found out they were having a baby. Clary had said she wanted her kids growing up away from all the demons in the city, and the weirdos on the subway. Magnus and Alec had come out to visit a couple times since they moved. “Do we really have to put lights on all of it?” Alec whined.

““Yes! Clary said she wanted a “festive house.” besides, you get to be my bitch.”

“I’m not going to be your bitch!!”

“Right, I forgot. You’re already Magnus’s bitch.”

“What? I- no-you- argh! You’re insufferable!” Alec shouted stamping his foot.

Jace laughed and grabbed the ladder. “It comes from love!!” He shouted back over his shoulder.

       ***

Magnus

“Right, so...do you actually know how to make cookies?” Clary asked, handing him an apron.

“No idea. I was hoping you did….”

“Nope. Theres a reason Jace does all the cooking.”

“Well….this should be an adventure.” She laughed, grabbing the bag of flower. “So, how are the wedding plans going?”