Chapter 1: Word about a big score

I had just gotten back to base after a job with some guy who was a bit intolerable when it came to money. Didn't go down easy but like everyone else a bullet to the brain was enough. When I got back the reaction from everyone was the same as ever.

"Hey everyone I'm back." I said with the usual grim atmosphere.

"MMMPH HUDDA HMPH MMPH" Fireball began with his usual mumbled ramblings.

"Is there anything you brought for us?" One of the hunters had asked with an expecting look on their face. Always hated it when they talk so close to my face. Although I don't have a nose I can still smell the last person they ate.

"Yeah, It's not much but It's enough right?" I ask as I threw down a sack filled with a few bloody limbs and a couple organs. The hunters opened the bag and had begun to dig into the flesh inside and they seemed satisfied.

"So, how about a beer?" Mad Gadget had asked. He knew this is exactly what I would need after a job like this. "After that I've got something interesting you should take a look at," I look at him with side glance wondering what it could be.

A few minutes pass and several empty bottles cover the table. I always manage to go overboard with one bottle, even without a digestive tract or a circulatory system I still manage to get drunk as a skunk.

"So, WhaT *hic* diD yOu want To teLL me?" I said to Gadget who looked like he was about to pass out.

"TheRe's a Job You *burp* mIghT wa*hic*nt  To lOok aT," he says before passing out on the table knocking off a few bottles as he does. It looks like the only one of us still sober is Fireball and he seems quite disappointed.

"Mmphda hudda" he mumbles before dragging Gadget off to his room. My vision starts to get a bit blurry as I'm starting to pass out myself.

"GoT anOtheR one fOr you FiReBall," I say before finally passing out dropping the half-full beer I had in my hand.

A few hours later I wake up on the floor of my room of the base. I get up clutching my skull from the headache of the hangover I had. I felt like I was about to throw up the party we had last night. I walk out of my room and make my way for the kitchen nearly tripping over Mad Gadget's hat and a few bottles we forgot to throw away. After making it to the kitchen, which was a challenge on it's own, I began to make a pot of coffee and waited for Gadget to wake up.

"Ow! son of a" well someone wasn't watching where they were going. Gadget walks into the room clutching his head from tripping on a bottle. "Oh nice to see you up" he says pouring a cup of coffee.

"So what's this job you've found?" I ask sipping a cup of coffee.

"Take a look for yourself," he says pulling out a newspaper from two days ago. It's about the biggest bank in town and exactly how much is in the vault. Now even for me this seems ludicrous, but you don't get anywhere in this life by playing it safe.

"Do you have a plan, blueprints, or security measures for this?" I ask hoping he at least has an idea of where to get one of these.

"Not really but I know a guy who can get us security details." Bingo just what I was looking for.

"Where is he?" Now I just need a few ideas

"Somewhere downtown but he might not want to help us out with this." Nothing I can't handle

"Well looks like I'm gonna have to have little chat with our informant then"