Chapter 2

Wren. Wren. Wren.

It just kept playing again and again in his mind. He retraced every step. He couldn't figure out who would've done this. Time after time her reread the note. Nothing.

"GODDAMN IT!" he screamed. Whoever it was took his keys, wallet, and cell. He pounded on the hood of his car in frustration.

How am I going to get home now?

Connor got to the nearest gas station and used a phone to call Wren.

Oh, Wren. She was a beauty. Damn near perfect if he had a say. Her hair was a luminescent blonde, cascading down her shoulders, and past her elbows. Her bright lively green eyes were piercingly gorgeous. Everything about her was amazing. Connor honestly, purely loved her with all of his heart. He planned on proposing tomorrow.

Straight to voicemail.

"Hey, baby. It's me." Connor said with a longing tone in his voice. "I'm at the gas station by the old school. Can you come get me? I love you."

It's strange how people can change. One minute they love you, and the next minute they're on to someone else. Wren didn't answer her phone because she was in a heated love-making session with Connor's brother, Daniel. This had been going on since the family's New Year's party earlier that year.

Connor had no idea this was happening. He had such blind faith in Wren. I guess no one ever taught him that trust is something to be earned.

He will soon. He will soon.