A Peek Into Reality

I was born in a small town, no no, this isn't another story that starts like that. It start like this: I fucking hate myself. I hate myself so much that, every day, every fucking day I wake up with the same old bullshit story that I call "my life". Do you ever feel stuck in time while everyone else is moving except for you? Or do you ever feel like there is a darkness that is waiting for you just to consume you? Why am i saying all this..? Wait  a minute! I forgot, I'm dreaming. "Wake up, Malachi! You feel asleep again in class" said my best friend, Toddrick,  who woke me up. Chatter  in the background but I could still hear some of the others saying, "Oh look, he fell asleep. He's so cute when he's like that. But why doesn't his cut  his hair?". "I heard that his family is rich." and  the infamous "Well, I heard that he sell drugs,  just like his uncle." I snapped out of it when Sam walks into the classroom. The basketball players stared her down as she goes in the front door, like a hungry pack of dogs. Different kinds of groups, yet she felt alone even when there was a wide variety of people to hangout with. She looked at the small paper containing her locker number- 703. There was guy standing right in front of it. "Excuse me, you're standing in front of my locker. May you please move?" she kindly asked him. When he turn around, he spoke to her with a cold, yet sweet voice. "Oh sorry." It was Malachi. "It's okay..." she said, shyly. "Right, I should get going. By the way, my is Malachi! What is yours?"  "Sam," she said. "Nice to meet you, Sam. l'll see  you in class later!" Malachi leaves Sam to tend to her things, waving goodbye to her. Sam puts her stuff in her locker, the bells rings. Everything goes quiet... "Fuck! I'm late!" She enters history class and  takes a seat. She noticed that she was sitting  three seats across from Malachi. He was staring at the window, watching the rain slowly start to fall from the skies, like the tear of Zeus, causing havoc in the heavens. The teacher walks in, "Okay class, my name is Mr. Eppenbach and I will be your History teacher this semester. Please, open your books to page  46, read from chapter 11 to 14. "Hey Sam, that your name, right? Yeah? Name's Nina! I see you girl, staring at him." she laughs. "What's his deal? Like, why does he stare so much at the window?" asks Sam. "Malachi likes to count the raindrops while listening to music. Usually, he listens to "The Drifters, Count the Tears."