Chapter Three

"I'm always afraid of the Pirates and Brave Girls when Peter's not here to protect us" One of the boys said in a childish manner. Tilly smirked from her hiding spot.

     "You should be" She whispered under her breath, Hook smirked proudly from his spot, and she realized he must've heard her. She smiled, feeling like a giddy child from the approval. 

     "So Peters not here, we just need to scare them, let's put on a show" Hook cheered quietly with a glint in his eye.

     "A show for whom?" Tilly inquired, eyebrows furrowed at the odd statement. 

     "Th' audience o' course" He responded in a 'duh' tone. Tilly tilted her head at him as he made a gesture at the other pirates, signalling the new plan.

     "Maybe he's waiting to hear the end of Cinderella" One of the boys said unobtrusively.

     "Cinderella! Aww" The other boys cooed. Hook made a face of disgust that Tilly mimicked. At that moment, the pirates decided to make their entrance.

We're bloody buccaneers, and each a murderous crook! We massacre Brave Girls and kill little boys, and cater to Captain Hook!

The pirates crowed loudly from their hiding places, their voices mingling into one. 

     "PIRATES!" The boys shrieked, running to hide, bumping into each other in chaos of their fear. Tilly smirked, not being able to help it as the adrenaline kicked in, giving her a boost of energy and excitement as she joined the other pirates in running from their hiding spots, giving the Lost Boys time to find their own.

The pirates recited the well practiced routine, not missing a beat as they danced in sync, eventually ending up in a line, all on one knee allowing their captain to make his entrance. 

Hook was slow clapping as he walked past them, as if evaluating the performance. At that moment one of the Lost Boys ran past him, trying to escape, clearly afraid and the 'Fight or Flight' instinct had kicked in. His eyes were wide and crazed out of fear, he looked like a frightened animal and Tilly was almost surprised he wasn't foaming at the mouth.

Most of the pirates rose, wearily watching the frightened child run, but Noodler had collected himself and ran after him, running past Hook, who grabbed him, pulling him back.

     "Oow! No, Captain, no! It was one of those boys you hate" Noodler pouted in frustration, like a child trying to convince their parent to let them stay out longer and play.

    "Aye, and the first scream would bring Tiger Lily's Brave Girls upon us!" the Captain explained as all the other pirates jumped back and shivered at the name. One of the pirates had jumped on Tilly, who had caught them with ease.

     "That is true" Smee started, sliding up next to Hook "Shall I after him, Captain, and-"

     "NOT NOW SMEE" The captain roared at his first mate, causing Tilly to jump back "He's only one, and I want to mischief the lot of them. They must live 'round here somewhere" The captain muttered the last part as he paced in thought, before realizing the crew was still standing there watching him. "Well" he hinted in a sickly sweat tone. Tilly's eyebrows furrowed in confusion with what he wanted as she leaned back away from the now known psychopath while the other pirates leaned in curiously "SPREAD OUT AND SEARCH" 

All the pirates jumped back as if shocked, scurrying away from their Captain in different directions to search for the Lost Boys. Tilly raced behind some trees, wandering calmly after she was out of the sight of the captain. Her eyes grazed her surroundings, the area was oddly silent, too silent, it made the hairs on the back of her neck stand on end.