epilouge

third person;

dahlia drove up the driveway of the address that luke sent after 7 years of being m.i.a. he had finally sent her a letter stating the address he was at and he was too meet her there this weekend. 

the house was large, with a long driveway leading to the house. she stopped outside the garage and pulled her thoughts together. she was now 25 and had changed quite a bit. after about a year of moping around and realising luke wasn't going to come back she applied for a few universities and studied design. 

she got out of the car, closing the door and nervously walked up to the front door. he probably had a wife, she thought to herself. dahlia knocked on the door and it swung open showing an older, taller and less lankier luke standing there with a goofy smile on his face.

"dahlia" he whispered, pulling her in for a hug as she hugged back. "why would you leave me" she cried, on lukes shoulder as he patted her back. 

they walked inside and sat on the couch as dahlia pulled herself together. "i have so many questions luke".

"i know" he said not sure if she read his lips. "i'm so sorry dahlia"

"i wrote letters for a year after you left until i realised you were never coming back" she sighed. "i was so mad at you for ages and never understood why you had left and couldn't tell me. i thought that since you loved me you would be with me forever then i realised"

luke passed dahlia a few pages that had been folded up and faded slightly. he grabbed a pen and paper and started writing;

dear dahlia,

i am so sorry for leaving you by myself. my parents told me we had to leave because it was important and i could tell no one. i wanted to tell you so bad but the thing was i knew it was important i could tell no one. we were in serious trouble and even though i trusted you with my whole life i couldn't bring myself to tell you.

i was also so mad with myself and felt so guilty that i had left you. i didn't want to leave you but i had too.

i had wrote so many letters but couldn't force myself to send them. i kept them in a box until today. it's 7 years today that i left. i thought i should tell you why.

nothing much has happened throughout the years except for that not very serious relationship when i realised i still loved you and felt like i was cheating.

i still love you so much dahlia and i hope you will forgive me somehow.

love, luke x