Chapter Two - Ready for the day

Your Pov

"Morning!" I sigh as I hurry over, tucking my uniform shirt into my skirt as I make my way past grandma and take my seat across from the dork known as my little sister.
"Morning", grandma smiles as she tops up her rice.

"Lazy butt! You're so slow!" Aiko turns and narrows her eyes at me, her h/c pigtails bouncing lightly with the movement of her head. "Don't expect the same to happen tomorrow." Rolling my eyes, I turn to the rice cooker to my left, push down on the lid and let go as it opens with a click. A large puff of white steam flows into my face as I recoil ever so slightly from the heat. I begin to spoon myself my own bowl of fluffy white grains as grandma speaks up.

"You're back to normal today."

"Huh?"

"You were so crazy yesterday! You wouldn't stop yelling!" Aiko giggles to my confusion.

I open my mouth to say something, but stop at the sound of a soft bell like chime.

"Citizens of Itomori, good morning!" The soft yet cheerful voice speaks. "This is an official announcement from Itomori town hall, it is in regard to the mayoral election.
Gandma sighs as she stands, pushing herself up and brushing off her grass green garment.
"The election will be held on the twentieth of next month. The election committee would like to-" switching off the radio, she turns towards me and eyes the tv remote. In realization, I take the control and point it towards the tv, tapping the 'POWER' button before placing it beside me as the screen flickers to life.

"A comet that comes only once every twelve hundred years will finally be headed our way in a month." Chewing on my rice, the three of us listen in a comfortable silence.

Kinda.

"Just make up with him already", Aiko whines.
Mumbling through my food in an annoyed fashion, I tare my gaze back to the news report.

"According to Jax's spokesperson, they're preparing for the celestial show of the millennia."

---

Feet padding against the thin, cream carpet of my room I grasp at the sakura printed box to the right of my body lenth mirror. Pulling out my ruby red cord, I hold it in my mouth as my fingers work away at my h/c locks, twirling each strand into a braid. Reaching the end, I tug the braid upward and grip at the few stray hairs lying at the base of my scalp. Taking the cord from my mouth, I twist the end around, sercuring the style with a bow. My lips turn upwards at the sight of my work in the reflective glass, tilting my head slightly to the left then the right, I decide that I've finished with it.