𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟹: 𝙴𝚡𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐

TRIGGER WARNING FOR THOSE WHO HAVE DEPRESSION

𝚋𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚘
[𝚋𝚘-𝚔𝚎-𝚝𝚝𝚘] 𝙹𝚊𝚙𝚊𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚎
(𝚟.) 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚊𝚌𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚐𝚊𝚣𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚟𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚍𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚊 𝚝𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝

WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I used to sit on the swings and watch all the other kids play. I used to wonder, "how would the world be if I wasn't in it?" I used to imagine a world where I never existed. I used to imagine my best friends playing without me, my mum only taking my brother to school and an empty chair in the classroom where I was supposed to sit. I imagined a world where I looked down at omnisciently instead of from the eyes of a girl called Ayomide.

Nothing changed since I grew older but instead of imagining a world where I never existed, I pictured a world where I had died in my childhood. I drew a picture in my mind, a bleak and stark one that resembled a hurricane.

Maybe it's because I selfishly wanted to feel needed for once or maybe because I felt like my time in this world had long expired.

My mum used to tell I was selfish a lot so I tried my hardest not to be. I forced myself into an altruistic lifestyle, not wanting to ever upset somebody, annoy anyone or ever try to make someone feel bad. I had friends, a lot of friends but I still felt like I had none. Loneliness had always been a long time haunting emotion.

I groaned as I rubbed my eyes. "It's not right," I moaned, scribbling rigorously over the drawing. I tried to create picture I imagined but my efforts were fruitless.

I scrunched and threw away another futile attempt, "this just isn't going right," I moaned resting my head on the table. I stared at the clock, the loud ticking resonating in my head, closing my eyes to rest.

The bleak and stark picture I drew in my mind as a child refused to come alive.

My breathe tickled my arms, I gazed blankly at an anime figurine on my desk. I felt numb again. I forgot how to feel once again. 

The loud ring of a phone disrupted my chimerical peace. I walked over to my phone on my bed, my faint steps lost under the din. A phone call from Taiwo? 

"Hello?" 

"Ayo, what are you doing right now?," Taiwo giggled.

A familiar voice screamed, "Ayo come join us, you're always busy." 

Is that Faith? I thought bitterly. Oh so they're together without me again. I sighed and told the usual lie, "I'm busy right now, so I can't join you guys."

I used to naively think that maybe if I wasn't with them all the time, they'd start to see my importance more. I thought they would show they cared out me. But I still stayed a forgettable side character in their world while they were each others main character. How stupid of me.

"Oh okay, bye then." The phone cut.

"Ayomide, you're being delusional again," I said to myself, jumping onto the bed I gazed lazily at the ceiling.

"Ayomide, I promise no one gives a f*ck about you," I whispered to myself, blinking back tears. 

To me, my mind was like poison, full of bitterness. It feasted on it like a parasite fuelled by fear and trepidation.

"It's happening again," I whispered as my throat tightened. I felt my pillow dampen and realised the tears had been escaping from my eyes. My vision blurred as I struggled to breathe. My chest tightened while deep emotions stirred voiced through my long-lasting sobs. I guess I just wanted someone to care but even that I'm not sure of. Maybe I wanted a hug but that too I'm not sure of. I guess I just wanted to feel important to people instead of feeling like mob character to everyone. But I've already accepted that the fact I will never be I will always be on the backburner of everyone's lives.

No one cared, but I used to desperately wish they did.

~

A/N I kind of don't like the way I write I feel like I'm confusing myself now. Sorry this is quite short 😭