The Alpha

The day where everything changes. It wasn't the day my queen was killed. Wasn't the day my pet buried in the ground. Not the day I lose in battle...

The day where my dad broke his promise. A promise where he made with mum. The promise that can never be revoke. He mates with another. I will never forgive him! How could he do that to her. But what happened after, shocked us all a thousand times more. Dead. He just lied there. In his wolf form beside the river with his night color fur turning grey. His eyes still contained crystal clear pearls. Proving that the disgraceful act he did. Fake. Drugs. The tears I shed that night was the act of me asking for forgiveness.

I became disenchanted when I saw him with her, and the look I gave him was the source of his heart break. Wolves are powerful, loyal creatures. Being born from this family made me proud of my origins. A mother who is beautiful and the kindest. A father whose respected and fair in leadership. But no matter how powerful and loyal wolves are, a terrible heartbreak can send their mind into despondency. From that alone can kill them.

When dad died, the villagers protected the frail and weak me. Fighting with the higher ups for they hated the weakling and disgrace me, had its disadvantages. One by one the villagers' eyes gloom. Some from the gruesome wounds on their family's skin. Even unspeakable embarrassment. Nothing will stop them preventing me from being thrown out from the pack. When my caretaker was tortured, I replied towards their behavior. I, THE DAUGHTER OF THE ALPHA WILL LEAVE HER PACK IN EXCHANGE FOR HER PEOPLE'S SAFETY. A voice unknown to me escaped from my chapped lips. A voice so frightening that it was almost impossible to come out from a tiny girl who doesn't have the power like her dad. The voice of an ALPHA.

Then I left. A 7 years old hybrid of a wolf and human. My life didn't turn for the better. Instead, it just got a lot worse. The warriors of my former pack caught up to me just to transport me to my mum's old home. A kingdom of wealth and beauty. Despite their enchanting features and elegant speech, their attitude that lived within their soul was darker than dad's fur. Living in a room made from rocks and steels was the continuation of my years. I didn't know how long I was there, but with my wolf tail got longer, my limbs, longer than when I left. I assumed it had been years. My routine was cleaning and never to be seen by guests. But no matter what I do, punishments will be made. Beatings. Cuts. Injections. They were all familiar to me. Although they want me dead, the blood in my veins never stopped flowing.

A gelid winter knocked on my door one day. I used my only source of warmth to keep me alive that night, but it was no use. Cold wind made it through the steel window bars, seeping into my thin skin. I could feel my blood turning cold and my fingertips blue. Shivering was not an impression anymore. Suddenly, warmth spread throughout my body. From the core in my body to the end of my fingertips and every strand of hair. The warmth then turns to hot then boiling. Screams of torment and agony would be heard by the castle's guards, but all of them had taken shelter in the coziness inside.

Bones by bones. Muscles stretches and bended, torn apart and reshape again. Bones broken yet combined again like puzzle pieces. Seconds felt like hours, minutes felt like days. And hours were forever. When I come too, I realized I wasn't standing on two's. But on four's. Huge furry paws instead of hands and feet. Muzzle instead of a nose, teeth had turned into fangs. Hair had merge with the entire body. Wolf. Instead of a part human part wolf.

Hot breaths escaped my muzzle, as instinct took a powerful grip onto me, I bite the steel window bars. When before nothing happened, now the bars melt. Melt like ice cream on a hot summer day. The window was big enough for me to crawl out and that's what I did. Crawled out from my cage was the most satisfying feeling ever. Feeling the cool blizzard would not be the most exiting feeling if it wasn't for this new power of mine. And again, the urge to let my instinct took over was high, and so I let it free. Through the eyes of this possessed body I saw it kills. Killing its prey as if it was playing. The preys were no other than those who torture me, disrespected my family, killing my mother, threatening my dad's pack and the one and only. The biased, egocentric, liar, the worst king man had ever made. Before I left its dirty grounds, one tap from my back paw had the whole kingdom burn in flames, not even the blizzard had a chance to stop from every wood and stone burn into ashes.

Months after, I lived in the forest. The forest was sanctuary. Living alone was not the worst. But being with my pack members was way amazing. Now my routine is knocking off wolves that attacks me everywhere I went. I knew that they were from my old pack, but it seems without dad, these warriors had turn into weaklings for not been able to kill a female like me. Most of them had injuries and very few died. Those that died was from their own misfired. They never stopped coming, until the full moon.

That night I finally shifted back into my human wolf form. The very same night, a tiny female pup was attacked by wolves. I ran towards her in hope to save her from being swallowed in these savage wolves' stomach. I stood in front of their leader and he shivers. Fear reflected in his yellow piercing eyes. When I raise my hand, they all ran away. Terrified.

I gain shelter from the female pup and judging from the familiar river and ground. She's a member of my dad's pack. With mud all over my body, warriors didn't smell my scent and to not been able to smell such scent, proves that these warriors are lazing around. By morning, as expectedly. My hands were chained with silver. The very material that could kill us wolves.

Blow by blow I received from the warriors. Not enough punches, they gave me kicks. Stabs. But this all was just familiar. Resisting was not an option, If I resist, the female pup could get in danger. I could see the villagers in between the legs of these warriors. All of them had the look of fear, gloom, suffocated. This had my blood boiled, but before I stood to attack, a smell.

A smell like dad. Like mum. Like.. family. I turned my head towards the smell and there he stood. Tall with broad shoulders. Hair night colored as dad's, his eyes were blue. His eyes were not theirs of an alpha. Alphas have purple eyes. Yet the warriors called him .. alpha. He charged towards me with the urge to kill but before to could touch my nape I spoke. AN ALPHA NEVER KILLS HIS FAMILY.

THEN HE JUST STOPPED. NOT MOVING A MUSCLE. EVEN THE WARRIORS WERE SHOCKED TO FOUND OUT THAT THIS FEMALE WOLF WAS HIS SISTER, THE RIGHTFUL ALPHA. THEY ALL TURNED TOWARDS THE HIGHER UPS FOR THEY HAD TRICKED, LIED. AND WORSE, THEY KILLED THEIR OWN. THE FORMER ALPHA. SHE CHARGED TOWARDS THEM ALL AND WITHOUT BLINKING, THE PEOPLE OF THE PACK FOUND ALL OF THEM DEAD. JOY RETURNS TO THE PACK AS THEIR RIGHTFUL ALPHA, A HYBRID HAD RETURNED..

-----------------------------------------------

(23rd March 2020)

Please give me any comment on any improvements.