CHAPTER -30

All eyes were fixed only to one spot and eagerly waiting for the ICU light to turn off and the moment to pass as quickly as possible. They are tired of being strong when they know they are not and each minute is taking longer than usual.

DP though was broken but happy that his family is showing their support for each other. He just wanted AP to wake up soon and see their whole family praying for her well being.

While DP was lost in thoughts.

RP: While kneeling before him and holding is hands firmly. Bhaisa, plz have something you did not have anything from morning. You should be strong, for Bhabhi. Plz come and have something

DP: nods his head, while tears forming in his eyes, only he knows what Annapurna means to him and how she managed everything so well after his mother demise. She was his pillar. No Ram, until AP is not fine I dnt want anything. Do you think, if I m in such a situation, will she be able to eat anything then how can I . Rp immediately hugged him.

All were adoring his bond though he was man with less words, today he is showing the real side for his wife breaking all the walls around him which he strongly built with help of AP.

RP took Dp and sat with him. Sujatha went to GOD idol to pray for her jiji, while Sanskar who cannot take all these, does not want to fall weak infront of his parents and make them weak too. So he left the place quietly to get some fresh air along with Laksh.

While moving out they were seeing more tired and tear stained faces with white walls, some silent prayer which is making them more emotional , sensing that their dear ones are at trouble.

Sanskar'sPOV

When they came out, it was pitch dark, only with hospital signs glowing brightly indicating ICU, Emergency and some parking lots signals. Sometimes we see all these stuff aimlessly not knowing how we fail to notice this dark world behind with every day sorrows. When your emotion is mixed with tiredness , you never think straight, everything suddenly becomes slower, your thoughts, your racing heart beat and your talks, sometimes your throughout is too dried to make any effort. The pungent odor that is invading the hospital, is another thing that put your brain to halt. I could hear a slow sobbing sound, that when I realized I was so lost in my thoughts I failed to recognize the pain of my little brother who was needing me.

Thankfully my wife was consoling him, But he was still in the same position. She slowly took his palms in her hands and made him sit. He immediately hugged Swara and cried his heart out.

Laksh: Why ma Swara, Why ma his voice was trembling due to fear of his mother. She is in this situation because of me. She was always a good mother , why can't even for once I be a good son. Why I always give pain to her. Swara did not want to stop him, She knows he has bottled up so much emotions after they left. He was missing Sanskar., though both used to talk they made sure not to hurt each other by their tension.

Sanskar who listened to his outburst immediately rushed to him , to see his brother who was so broken seeing in this state. He slowly moves to Laksh and hugs him.

Sanskar: Its not you mistake Laksh, everything will be alright soon. I m there na. I will take care of it, but for that you should be my strong Lucky and he wipes his tears.

Lucky: Let me go inside and he rushed inside.

Swara: Moves slowly to Sanskar and holds his palm, while he takes for a bone crushing hug. Their were standing still just making sure, they are there for each other.

Swara knows how much his husband needs her now. No matter how much he tries to show strong, he is in pain only she can heal him. She slowly took him inside and sat with others.

Their trance were broken , when Doctors came out. Dp was the first to rush to doctors

DP: How is AP? Is she fine. Did she wake up. He was continuously bombarding his questions to listen a positive response from the doctors.

RP: supporting him, let them speak

Doctor: Since I know your family for ages, let me be frank with you. AP had a major heart attack. Everyone was taken aback especially DP.

DP: What

Doctor: Yes DP, but now she is stable and fine. Make sure she is from stress and tension. Another attack would cause her life. But for now she is fine and stable. She is under the effect of medicine and would be shifted to normal ward. Only 2-3 members can stay.

All were arguing that everyone wanted to stay at least until she is awake and to make sure she is fine. As a family doctor he understood well the situation and allowed everyone to stay with an extra furniture to accommodate everyone.

Once AP was shifted , everyone was with her eagerly waiting for her to wake up. Though everyone was tired, but their eyes did not want to close or give rest and miss the opportunity to see AP.

DP was holding hands of AP and sitting beside her. Ap slights opens her eyes, and see the scenario and tears were flowing from either sides. Everyone rushed to her and was showering their love.

Sujatha: Wiping her tears, how are you jiji. Do you want anything

AP: No Sujatha , I dnt want anything. She again sees everyone and content. Thanks Sujatha, for being here

Sujatha: with fake anger, oh you started thanking me for all these small stuff.

Ap: With small smile, nods her head. I am fine .She again sees everyone. Sujatha I want to sit.

Laksh hugs Ap, mom you fine.

AP: Ya I m fine, Sanskar hugs her and then Swara. Sanskar was so happy and hugged swara while Swara was caressing his back and holding his hand with a smile, she even wiped his tears through her eyes and kissed his knuckles.

Ap was seeing this : I want Laksh to get married before I get discharged form hospital.

All are goose dumbfounded by her sudden decision.

Laksh: But mom I m married to Ragini. How can I marry again

Ap: while indicating Sujram to come near her. I want someone like pointing to swara for Laksh, who will support her husband in all situations and be with him, I dnt know , how long I will live. Can u plz consider this as my last wish and fulfil it . I know I am selfish, but I cant leave him alone and die.

Sanskar: closes her mouth, ma if this is want you want then Laksh marriage will happen as per your wish and no one can stop it.

All were flabbergasted once again, and trying to process it.

Sanskar: who is the girl in ur mind ma

AP: While smiling, how he understand without her words, she replies slowly Kavitha.

This was another shock for all. Before they can digest the first shock, there is another shock. Only one person who was handling the situation well was Sanskar. His confident tone made sure, he knows what he is discussing rest all were in their own World.

Sanskar: Then tmr Kavlak marriage I promise you this and you know I can give my life to keep up the promise by holding AP hands