backstory + 23

4 months ago.

Changkyun ran. 

It wasn't a good idea. Of course he knew that.

But he also knew it wasn't a good idea to drink away your problems. 

Especially as a student.

And did that stop him?

No.

He was snapped out of his thoughts when he roughly collided with someone. They both fell to the floor of the cafeteria.  Changkyun quickly looked up, panicking. 

A sigh escaped the lips of the person who was standing up. His black hair was shining just like his eyes. 

Changkyun's body shook. His heart started beating irregularly.

Student's voices quieted down to whispers.

The once full lunch tray was now almost empty. All of the food spilled on the floor. And the stranger's white dress shirt. Changkyun walked away. He was so embarrassed. Everyone's eyes were burning a hole in his back. 

Looking back, he saw the other student frozen. The boy probably thought that Changkyun would walk away and leave the mess to him. That wouldn't be surprising, since lots of students at the school only care about themselves.

Grabbing a lot of napkins, the black haired teen ran back to the other black haired teen. Changkyun cleaned up most of the mess with a struggle. His body still felt weirdly light. 

The stranger down at the stomach of his school uniform. The large spot of salsa was pretty noticeable. It wasn't very pleasing to the eye.

Shit.

"Don't worry about your uniform," Changkyun said in a quiet voice, "we can trade." 

"No that's fi-"

"I'm serious." Changkyun glanced at the other student with passion. That seemed to intimidate the other student into agreeing.

"Fine." He sighed. "But it's my fault that I wasn't wearing my jacket."

The last sentence was ignored by Changkyun. "We'll trade after school."

Fear twisted through his stomach as he left the cafeteria the outside of the building. He was late on his payment.

*

Changkyun was crying again.

His phone vibrated in his pocket. But he ignored it. 

The drunk teen picked up the stuffed dog and ran his finger over the collar. He sobbed more. The sudden grief about his dog hit him hard today. 

"Changkyun?" He heard a quiet voice. From a different room.

"I must be imagining it." Changkyun whispered to himself. He continued to cry into his pillow. Holding onto the collar still. He could feel the carved name in the metal plate.

"Are you awake?" Someone turned the light on. Changkyun looked up to see a person and chuckled.

"I really am dreaming." Kihyun's eyes widened and he sat down on Changkyun's bed.

"Why are you crying?" The angel of a person hugged him. He let go of Changkyun when he looked at the bedside table. He walked over to the bedside table and picked up the bottle. He left the room. Changkyun started crying more.

Kihyun came back quickly. "You came back?" Changkyun smiled in relief. Kihyun's eyes widened and he quickly got into Changkyun's bed.

"I wasn't going to leave, Changkyun." Kihyun said, wiping Changkyun's tears. 

This made Changkyun sigh loudly. He started playing with the older's hair. "This is why I can't help but love you so much! You're so sweet, you are so cute, you shock me with how pretty you are!" Kihyun's eyes widened. Changkyun kept on saying all these sweet things to Kihyun. Eventually, the younger hugged Kihyun and passed out.