9

Kihyun had been waiting at their usual spot for five minutes. That's how long it took him to notice that Minhyuk was at Hyunwoo's table.

He sighed. The purple haired got up to leave the caferteria. Eating in the library was better than eating alone.

The second his hand touched the doorknob, he heard someone call his name.

"Kihyun." The owner of the voice motioned for the latter to come over. Kihyun sighed and walked over.

"What do you want, Yoongi?" 

"You should sit here."

"Why."

"There's an empty seat. Please? I'll explain later."

"Fine."

Kihyun sat down in the empty seat. The boy next to him had black hair and was slouching. The boy also had no food in front of him.

"Hey." Kihyun tapped the boy's shoulder and spoke softly. The boy looked at Kihyun and he flinched. It was Changkyun. "Have you eaten anything?"

"Nooo." The way the black haired spoke was abnormal. But maybe Changkyun was warming up to Kihyun.

"I'm going to buy you food then." Kihyun decided. Changkyun laughed. Kihyun ignored the strange behavior and went to get another school lunch.

When Kihyun set the lunch in front of Changkyun, the purple haired was relieved that the younger immediately started eating.

"Thank you, Kihyun. That was veeery kind of you. You didn't have to do that." Changkyun said in a quiet voice. Kihyun was surprised to hear something sweet from the black haired. And surprised to hear his own name. Especially after the boy had avoided him in the hallway.

But all of this was so out of character. Something was off.

As school went on, Kihyun got more and more curious.