Jealousy

Jungkook was given the nickname Golden Maknae by their leader Namjoon years ago, due to his quick and zealous learning skills, and while the term was true to a certain degree, in his opinion, he always found specific tasks challenging to accomplish. First, his singing, Jungkook, always felt like there was always something to improve in his singing voice and thrive on making his vocals sound better than before; and second, his struggle with conquering the love and affection he had for his one and only Seokjin-hyung.

Jungkook never paid attention to his age. Afterall, he knew he was the youngest member in BTS and deep within himself Jungkook secretly loved to be babied by them. He always got the most food when they went out to eat, since each member would share it with him, and was always kept warm and sheltered by receiving cuddles and extra blankets from his band members. Jungkook knew he received the affection and happiness that was taken away from him due to their careers as idols and he would always be thankful to his band members for making him feel at home.

It wasn't until he realized his feelings for Seokjin-hyung that he found his age to be an obstacle. He hated being five years younger than Seokjin. He hated being the youngest out of the group because it meant that he would always be seen as a baby by his teammates especially his Hyung. Although he knew five years wasn't such a big gap between two people but in society, age played an important role in their daily lives. Even one year made a difference in how a person was treated by others and for him to have a five year gap with the love of his life made his heart ache.

Would Seokjin even consider him as a potential partner due to his age? Or would he just see Jungkook as a little brother like everyone else? Jungkook wanted to confess to Seokjin but the idea of being rejected held him back.

Besides, Jungkook knew Seokjin never cared about age. Despite being the oldest member in the group, Seokjin never enforced his authority like he should have but instead, allowed Namjoon to lead them in their hectic schedule and in the best way possible. Perhaps his dream could come true? If he was brave enough to admit his feelings to the only person who had made him the happiest person in the world? But Jungkook knew that it would be wishing for the impossible.

————

Aside from his age, Jungkook had to deal with the attention and clinginess of the other members, especially Taehyung and Jimin. Both of his friends loved to cuddle and attached themselves to Seokjin like a leech and it drove him crazy. Jungkook wanted Seokjin's attention to be focused only on him. He wanted to keep him locked up so no one would dare touch his Seokjin-hyung. It always amazed Jungkook just how easily he became jealous and how possessive he got whenever one of the members was too clingy with his hyung. If he couldn't confess his love for him, the minimum he could do was to enjoy to the fullest, the subtle touches between them whenever they hugged or goofed around. And how was he supposed to enjoy those moments when it was taken away from him!

Loud squeals and laughter could be heard coming from Taehyung's room, which was temporarily shared with Jimin, as Jungkook was going to Seokjin's room to ask if he had seen his sweater. It was an excuse to see his hyung, and spend some time with him. Yet, his tracks were stopped by the loud squeals of a familiar voice—-his Seokjin.

Without even thinking about invading Taehyung's privacy, since it involved Seokjin, he opened the door of the room. To his surprise, or more like his cruel reality, Taehyung and Seokjin were in bed, tussling as Taehyung tickled his Seokjin.

"Just admit it then!" Jungkook heard Taehyung say as his fingers continuously tickled Seokjin's sides making Jungkook's blood boil in anger. How dare Taehyung touch his Seokjin? Yes, Seokjin was his and no one else!

Or even wrapped his arms around his hyung's small waist? It was an act that only he was allowed to do and to see someone else taking his place made him see red. Jungkook clenched his fist tightly as he tried to control his emotions or he knew he would regret it later.