The Kidnapping

My life was normal.

Utterly normal, I should say; too normal.

Nothing ever happened, it was the same routine every day.

Get up, get ready, go to school, come home, homework, computer, sleep, repeat. 365 days a year for 17 years.

I had been warned about staying safe and taught self-defense just as any other kid, and just like every other kid, I never dreamt that I'd have to use them! I mean...my life was so boring, and crimes seemed so rare, why would it happen to me?

I still ask myself that....

Anyway, my name's Hannah Colt, and this is my story.

✦*• ~ •*✦

"Hannah," the not on the counter read, "I had an emergency meeting @ work, be back around 8, dad's on a business trip (you should know) and your brother has basketball practice (again, you should know) stay safe, lasagna's in the fridge. Love, mum xx"

"Stay safe"? Please...this was the quietest section of London around! Like anyone would need to try to stay safe here. The only "crimes" we had here were mum's not giving their kids dinner as punishment.

I sighed and dropped my backpack on floor, then plopped down on the couch, wondering what I was going to do for dinner.

There were two options:

A.) Eat my mom's lasagna (which I was in no mood for, mind you)

B.) Go to the McDonald's down the street

C.) Get some ingredients from the grocery store and make my own meal.

Option "a" was out, I just didn't want lasagna. Since it was quicker and cheaper, I just settled with option "b" and dug my wallet out from pocket, examining the money I had.

I had barely enough to cover a Big Mac and a medium Pepsi, but that was all I needed really, didn't need to intake too many calories!

My phone buzzed on the arm of the chair and I picked it up, it was a text from mum.

"Did you get my letter?"

"Yeah, I'll be fine, heading down to McDonalds in a few xx"

"K xx"

After a long day at school, I decided to turn on the TV for a while and just relax, then head down to the burger store.

Not even ten minutes into the program, I was slipping on my shoes to leave, my growling stomach convinced me a meal was much more important than relaxing.

Rolling my eyes at myself, I shut the door behind me, locked it, and threw my keys into my purse, knowing they'd be snug and safe in there with my phone, then continued on my way down the street.

Since there wasn't much to see, I just pulled out my phone and texted my best friend, Mindy.

"Hey, what are you doing tonight? Want to study?"

She replied quickly, "yeah, sounds fun! I sort of fell asleep in algebra, so I'll need help with that...."

"I'll help you with algebra," my fingers flew across the keyboard quickly and my tongue peeked out between my lips, "but by 'studying' I meant hanging out and listening to Little Things."

"Oh, yeah," she replied. I could almost see the faint blush slowly grow on her face, "I knew that."

"Haha, want to meet me down at McDonalds in the meantime? I'm starving, heading over there now."