Jobs

Violet and Liam sat on the roof for a while... Just making sure the Shark didn't try and come back. It wasn't until at least a half hour later that Liam quieted, sitting up. He had this distant look to his eyes..

'Are you okay?' Violet asked him, raising an eyebrow at him. He paused before answering...

'The kid... Something's wrong.' He said, seeming to be looking for something along the wall and windows of the building next door.

'What? What do you me-' Violet started, sitting up beside him. She cut off. Liam had curled up, tense. 'Hey- Liam?' She reached over, putting a hand on his shoulder. Liam groaned slightly, but managed to look at her.

After a minute the odd sensation seemed to pass. 'The kid from the hospital... Something happened to him. I.. should help him..'

Violet sighed, helping him sit up. 'Just.... Be careful.'

Liam nodded. 'I'm not going anywhere though... But I need to ask you to help me with something. I can teleport him here, get him out of wherever he is. But, after, I might black out... I need you to, you know, make sure I don't break anything if I do.'

Violet nodded, that look of: Becareful.. on her face. Liam didn't waste any time.. Just started the process of the teleportation.
--------

Drake was curled up on the cold floor of the basement. The room was sort of like a jail cell... Cold, damp, dark... He had failed Caine's orders. Had failed to bring him the girl.. Now he'd been given new orders: Get the girl and the angel. But Caine wouldn't stand for failure... So he'd had Drake punished. Caine's second-in-command, Orc, had beat Drake senseless and left him in this hole.

It was about half an hour later when he felt the nagging on the corners of his mind. 'Wha...?' He groaned. Liam's voice echoed through his mind, 'Don't be afraid.. I'm going to help you. Just stay still and this time, walk into the light.' Drake didn't exactly have a choice... But, all the same, when Liam tried dragging him up and teleporting him out, he spooked away.

Eventually Liam got him teleported out to that roof...

--------
Drake sat up with a groan. The bright sunlight and lack of pain having woken him. Looking around, he could see the girl and the boy talking a few feet away.

The boy looked over at him, standing. The girl looked rather spooked, had cornered herself in one of the roof's corners.

'I have to go see to something.. Do my job.' The boy told him, crossing over to the roof's edge. 'I expect you to behave until I get back.' Drake, of course terrified from before, nodded.

The kid hesitated slightly, glancing back at the girl before he simply jumped off the roof. Great, majestic, golden- brown wings sprouted from his back and he soared up and off to his destination, flying down the street.

--------
Violet didn't want to be alone with the Shark-kid... He'd tried to kill her once already. She wasn't upset at Liam for rescuing him, he was an angel, it was what he was suppose to be doing.

But the way the kid looked at her while Liam was gone... She swore he was up to no good.

In which.. He wasn't. She figured it out too late.

Before she knew it the Shark-kid had an arm wrapped around her neck and was hauling her up, digging through his pocket.

He pulled out a sort of remote and pushed a button on it. A wall of some sort shimmered into place in front of them.

Terrified and wondering where Liam supposedly was now, Violet didn't have any choice but to be drug off onwards the wall.

It was just when they were a few feet from it that she caught sight of Liam whipping around a building several blocks down, heading for them and not looking happy. Green eyes gold, halo above his head..

She looked back at the Shark-kid, silently pleading him to rethink his actions. He just grinned at her..

"It's nothing personal. Just my job." He said before shoving her off into the portal wall and stepping in himself, just as Liam was reaching to grab him.

In which the door sealed shut behind him.