four

SNOW'S POV

(BTW ELIZABETH, WHO IS LATER MENTIONED IN THE CHAPTER, IS SNOW'S MOM'S REAL NAME)

I don't care how out of breath that I am. I run as fast as I can.

This can't be the end. I haven't even moved out of the house with Mother yet. I haven't even gotten to "go out" with Harry!

Suddenly, I feel myself being lifted up, and then falling down once again.

Shit.

I try to get up, but I can't.

Someone is sitting on top of me on my back.

"Wait, please don't do this! Please!"

At this point, I'm pouring my eyes out and am worried sick. Is this really the end?

"If you don't want me to do anything to you, stay down. You hear me?" the man says,

"Absolutely! Of course!"

Before he gets off of me, I feel him tying my hands behind me so I can't get away. Obviously I wouldn't, I mean, I want to live, right?

"Look at me." he says,

I try to, but all I can see is the lower half of him.

"I'm sorry, sir, but I can't see your face." I say, still crying from beforehand, and still anxious if I'm going to make it out of the woods alive.

"Here, let me help you."

He adjusts me to where I'm sitting on my knees, directly across from him.

His mask is still on, and it's making this situation even worse.

"Are you a serial killer?" I ask,

"No."

"Are you going to kill me?"

"No, unless I have to."

"Can you please take your mask off?"

"That depends. Will you report me to the police?"

"I don't know."

He gives me an eyebrow. I gulp.

"Um, uh, probably not." I say,

"Good. You better not, or you better not run away from me, or else I will kill you."

"I promise I won't." I say, still crying.

He takes his mask off.

I have to admit, he's quite attractive. His eyes are a beautiful blue, and his hair is dark, almost like mine.

"Look, I'm not going to kill you." he says,

"Why'd you chase after me?" I ask,

"If I tell you, you can't tell a soul. Not even the person that you trust the most."

So I can't tell my mother?

"Uh, I don't know how you'll take this, Snow."

How does he know my name? And what is he so worried about me reacting to something that I should, or maybe even shouldn't, know?

"Snow?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want me to tell you?"