CHAPTER 17

SO MUCH LOVE FROM YOU GUYS
I AM DEDICATING THIS CHAPTER TO MY GHOST READERS
A BIG THANK YOU TO PEOPLE ADDING MR ROMANTIC TO THEIR LIBRARY.
LOTS OF LOVE TO MY SWEETOS THAT AREN'T TIRED OF COMMENTING
AS FOR MY SWEETHEARTS THAT KEEP VOTING THANKS FOR YOUR TIME.

RECAP

I was speechless and decided to go back to the dance floor when he held my veil and hair at the same time. It was painful and I couldn't set myself free so I only spat hateful words at him. He took me to the parking lot dragging me forcefully. His eyes were blood red and he threw me into the car and angrily drove off. OH MY GOD! I AM TRULY DEATH.

UNEXPECTED

What on earth is wrong with Layman? What does he want from me? Has it reached this level? He continued driving without sparing a glance at me.

Oh ya Allah! I just remembered that my phone and purse are with Ruky, that means I can't call anyone and I am penniless! Oh no! no! no! Life please this is unfair.
At the speed he was driving, even if I scream nobody will hear nor see me because it was almost midnight and the windscreen is tinted. Wait, what? I am stuck!
I resolved to crying and pleading, my nose, mouth and body were dripping fluid due to the intensity of my situation. I quickly tried opening the door but unfortunately it was on lock.
He gave me a glare and said don't  you dare make me angry than I am right now, or you will regret.

My eyes changed I looked like an orphan disowned kitten, i didn't know when I started saying "Jibril, please drop me! I can't be seen with you at this time of the night."

But what? It was as if I was talking to a statue or a stone. He Ignored my pleadings. I prayed and regretted every step of mine. What I did was forbidden for an unmarried woman not to think of a married woman or lady, THATS NOT IMPORTANT FOR NOW .

I did istighfar and promised to never  behave this way again and I will tell my friends that I am married, if they like they can judge me, I don't care anymore. By the way a true friend will always accept you no matter the situation.

Some time passed and i have been trying to read signboard but all effort seemed abortive.
He bitterly laughed and said "I think you advised me to go and make babies?" I think you should mother my children,don't you think that's a great idea? I choked with my saliva and I pleaded with him. I was bitterly crying, "Jibril please don't destroy me. Don't defile me I am married" I said sobbing regretefuly.

He yelled at me, don't you dare play with my intelligence. I think we met on Friday, and I saw you with a white shadda and a transparent small veil, well I think it was better than the present one. Are you desperate to the extent that you have to display your boobs and butt to seek men's attention? To the extent of going against your religion? Don't you have some pieces of modesty in you?
I have no answer to any of his questions because he is right so kept praying even though I dozed off unknowingly.

The car came to halt after some time, I opened my sleepy eyes and saw that I was in Maitama, in front of my in-laws gate.

This.. this....this man... what the heck is he doing? Oh my Allah! Today is the day. I will officially be divorced.

I could hardly swallow saliva and Layman honked and the Gateman opened the gate and welcomed us. I was in shock but actually happy because I now know that I have not been kidnapped. But, why will Layman bring me here of all places?
I was finally able to put my self together but I was still scared. He made gesture with his hand and said "ladies first", I paced up and walked passed him and I stood by the door.
He opened the door and we entered, I said salam and a big frame engulfing my picture and Layman's welcomed me. Some one should please sprinkle water on me I am loosing my balance. Could he be the groom? I was terrified!

He disgustingly looked at me and said get up let's go and see Ayya NOW! So that she will know the kind of unchaste woman they find for me. I felt the insult but I had to endure, I wouldn't want to be on Ayya's black record.
I went on my knees and started begging, I held his Jean and he hit my hand and said "don't you dare use your hands to touch me. So this is how you go about touching guys. Look at you! You look like a slut, harlot, prostitute, a call girl. He called me with all sort of names while I cried.
He sat down while I was on my knees, he cleared his throat and said I left kaduna camp on friday to apply for masters in Zaria and you ran into me, set me on fire and I quickly left for Abuja in fury.
I met Ayya when I came and she gave me the key to this apartment and I was just as surprised as you are now and I knew you were the one.
I sensed you don't know I am the groom and so do I. We both don't love each other, so keep your distance and know how to talk to me if not I will badly irritate you. And for your information that you are done with school!"

What!?okay I don't want to drag things tonight, I am hungry so I went to the kitchen to make tea and indomie noodles. I dropped his on the dining table and knocked on his door.

"Don't disturb me" he said, sternly cold.
I inform him about the food he replied "shove the food into your mouth and stuff the rest into your nose." I tsked before I took mine to my room and ate, bathed and had a peaceful sleep even though it took forever before I could.

I woke up the next morning feeling light hearted. Am I happy that layman is my husband? I subconsciously smiled, when I realised that I used my hand to cover my face as if he was with me. I went to prepare breakfast and Layman's dinner was no where to be found. I smiled and said you are not as tough as I thought. I guess the hunger was unbearable, Uhm.

I REALLY REALLY LOVE YOU GUYS
THANK FOR VOTING, COMMENTING AND SHARING.
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE,COMMENT,FOLLOW ME miss_untichlobanty AND EXPECT UPDATE SOON THOUGH!

Your one and only

Miss_untichlobanty 💕