Chapter 01 || The Beginning!

A/N: Whoopsies here's another Kyoya Ootori fanfiction. I just love the guy too goddamn much.

School was the same every single day for Kyoya Ootori. Every day, he would sit in the same class, in the same seat, watching the same teachers come and go each period. They'd go over the same material multiple times for the kids who couldn't get it, but they were all simple and easy for Kyoya to learn. It was the same simple routine: go to school, learn, go home, study. Perhaps other kids would be playing with each other but not Kyoya. He needed to focus on his studies. He had got through the past years by doing this so his fourth year in elementary school shouldn't be any different.

"Hello, um are you Kyoya Ootori?" The little black-haired boy looked up from the book he was reading to see a girl with striking green eyes giving him a nervous smile.

"Yes," he said, "And you are?"

"I'm Kirari Hoshiya," the girl introduced herself, "Um, this is my first day at Ouran Academy, and the teacher said to talk to you."

Kirari Hoshiya. She must be the daughter of Daichi and Mizuki Hoshiya. Yes, there's no doubt about it. She looked like an exact younger copy of the A-list actress Mizuki Hoshiya, except for the eyes. There was no mistaking that those eyes came from Daichi Hoshiya, one of the best directors in the filming industry. Together, the two created a multinational mass media company that produces many movies and television shows as well as gives young aspiring directors the opportunity to create their own short-films and movies. Very powerful and influential people. It would be a smart move to stay on their daughter's good side.

"Yes of course." Kyoya closed his book and got up from his seat. "I suppose you want a tour of the school?"

Kirari shook her head. "No, I, uh, I kinda already wandered around the school before class started."

"I see. So what is it that you need from me?" Kyoya questioned.

"Uh, well, you see, the teacher said that I could also go to you if I'm behind and need help," Kirari said, nervously twisting a lock of hair around her finger, "And I'm really struggling with English. Could you tutor me?"

"I suppose I could."

"Great! We can do it at my house if you'd like."

If her parents are there, then perhaps he can help his father strike a partnership of some sort. Kyoya agreed but little did he know, this would be the start of a great friendship.

|| Five Years Later... ||

"Kyoya! How was school?"

"Hello Mizuki-san." It has been five years since the first day Kyoya had been to the Hoshiya household. There hasn't been a day since then where Kyoya hasn't been there. "School was well, thank you for asking."

Kirari strolled past Kyoya, into the kitchen, and gave her mother a quick hug. "Hi, mom. How was filming?"

"Filming went fine. I managed to get all of my scenes cleared and approved, so that's why I'm home early. Your poor father, however, is still stuck there 'till probably nightfall, so be sure to let him relax when he gets home."

"Of course," Kirari agreed. She grabbed a plate of apples that Mizuki had been cutting earlier before grabbing a hold of Kyoya's arm. "Kyoya and I will be studying in my room, Mom."

"I'll bring up oranges slices for you two later," Mizuki called out after them.

"Thank you!" Kirari replied as she walked up to the stairs to her room, Kyoya in tow.