Chapter 5: Captured/Afro Circus Rescue/Final Battle

Author's Note: Don't play the video yet until the part where (Name) stands between Dubois and Alex and when the circus animals come to save the five friends. 

*** 

Alex, Marty, Melman, (Name), and Gloria made it to the zoo after arriving from the train station with King Julien perched on (Name)'s shoulder. 

For some reason, King Julien wanted to come, but it didn't seem to matter with the five friends if he wanted to be in the zoo with them. 

"Well. . .we're here." Gloria said. 

"Home." Marty said. 

"Huh. My rock looks smaller than I remember it." Alex said looking at his rock in his lion's den. 

"Look at the mural. Doesn't actually capture the real thing does it?" Marty asked looking at the mural that was in front of his den. 

"Wow. I forgot about that wall in between us, Melman." Gloria said looking at he den and Melman's den where they were kept in in the zoo. 

"Mm-hmm." Melman said in agreement. 

"Was that always there?" Gloria asked as (Name) nodded to what she said. 

"Guys, I'm sorry I ever left the zoo in the first place and had (Name) come along with me." Marty said regretting his mistake the first time that got them in this mess. 

"What do you mean?" Alex asked confused like. 

"I mean, if I had just stayed put, we wouldn't have anything to be sad about right now." Marty said sounding upset with himself. 

"Leaving the zoo was the best thing that ever happened to us." (Name) said smiling. 

"Really?" Marty asked sounding a bit more happy. 

"Yeah. Out there, in the world, we were really living." Alex said as (Name) nodded in agreement. 

"Yeah!" King Julien said. 

"It was exciting!" Alex said with a smile on his face. 

"It was romantic!" Gloria and (Name) said looking at each other with happy smiles. 

"It was dangerous." Melman said. 

"I never felt so alive!" Marty said with excitement in his voice. 

"When we were with the circus, we were already home. I only wish we'd realized that sooner." (Name) said looking down not showing the sadness she had now. 

"I'm really going to miss those guys." Marty said as (Name) nodded in agreement. 

"What do you say we go back?" Alex asked making (Name)'s (hair/fur color) ears and tail perk up in astonishment at what Alex said. 

"Really?" (Name) and Gloria asked with excitement in their voices. 

"I'm with you!" Marty said happily. 

"I'm in!" King Julien said. 

"But what do we tell them?" Melman asked. 

"Well, we make it right by telling them how wrong we were." Alex said. 

"It's worth a shot." Marty said. 

"And if we go down in flames, so be it!" (Name) said quoting Vitaly as she, Alex, Marty, Melman, and Gloria smiled at each other. 

"Yes, let's do this!" Gloria said happily. 

"I like it!" King Julien said. 

"Yeah, yeah!" Marty said chanting a little.