The day that i was adopted

On may 12 2003 i was adopted by a family that changed my life forever. I was only 5 years old and I still remember to this day how it all happen let me explain. It all begin when I was in foster care with a bunch of other kids that were my age. I was sitting on a chair like the other kids waiting for a family that would adopt, love, care, and spoil me to death, I mean who wouldn't wanna adopt me? I'm cool, funny, sweet, kind, handsome, and also cute. Well my wish was gonna be granted when what looks like a king walked in with 6 kids who were all girls who looked like they were teenagers. "Whoa, that's a lot of kids this guy has!" I thought to myself. But one of the king's daughters was looking at me smiling. She had red hair, a purple bra that looked like seashells, and a green mermaid tail. I questioned myself "Wait... is she a mermaid? No she can't be; that might just be like a costume or something." My thoughts were stopped by that girl when she came up to me smiling. "Aww you are just so adorable." She cooed softly placing her hand on my left cheek, which made me blush a little bit. I wanted to say thank you but because I don't have any vocal cords, I can't talk at all I was nonverbal, so what I did was I told her thank you but in sign language, which made her laugh a little and said "You're very welcome. What's your name little guy?" She asked me. I couldn't say my name cause again I'm nonverbal. Luckily my friend Jeremiah (who was sitting next to me) spoke for me. "Oh his name is Hadden." He said to the redhead teenage mermaid. "Oh that's a wonderful name you have there Hadden. My name is Ariel." She said to me. Then her dad was calling for her. "Oh, I'll be right back Hadden." She said to me as she was going to her dad to talk to him. While they were doing that I was curious about what they might be talking about, "Maybe they are talking about adopting me, or maybe they are talking about adopting another kid, or maybe they are just talking about leaving here without a kid." I started to pray to god that I hope they will adopt me, I don't want to be in this place it's a living nightmare. Well my prayers were gonna be granted when Ariel came back to where I am. "Ok I'm back! So my dad, my sisters and I were talking about who should we adopt in our family and I think we should adopt you." Ariel said to me, which caught me by surprise because no one has ever wanted to adopt me before. "Plus I've always wanted a baby brother and I think... *she taps my nose with her index finger* you're the perfect one for me! So what do you think?" Ariel said to me softly. My face was in shock, I couldn't believe it this girl wants to adopt me. I was so happy I wanted to scream, but there is just one problem; and that is how will she be able to take care of me when I can't breath underwater? Plus I have a trach so if water gets into my throat then I might die. I got out my iPad and I start typing in what I want to say to her. After I was done doing that I showed her what I wrote and when she read it it saids "I've always wanted to have a big sister but there is just one problem, how can you take care of me when you are a mermaid? I can't breath underwater." After she was done reading what I wrote she looked at me and said "Hmm well... I actually live in a big castle with lots of people that I know and uh.., *she comes close to my ear* I can turn into a human." She whispers to me. I was actually surprise I mean she's not only a mermaid but she can be a human and have human legs just like me! So after about discussing about this I decided to have her, her dad, and her sisters to adopt me. "Great! I'll tell my father that you want us to adopt you. You might wanna start packing your stuff cause you are with me in the next 5 minutes." She said to me laughing as she was going to get her dad to adopt me. While she was doing that I head to my room, and started to pack my stuff like my iPad, my iPad charger, my ren doll from ren and stimpy, my pee cup, my medicines, my feeding pump, and clothes, my friend was helping me also. After I packed my stuff it was time for me to go so I crawl out of my room and start heading towards Ariel. "*she looks down at me* Oh hey Hadden you ready to go?" She asked me. I nodded my head and I stick my arms out for her to pick me up and carry me. "*Laughs* Ok come here." She said as she was picking me up, at that moment I knew that I was free and I was ready to start a new life with my new family I mean I've been in foster care ever since my mom and dad pass away but now I have a big sister who will take care and love me forever! So me,Ariel, and the family started to head to their castle where I will be staying at.

I AM FREE!