I can't wait to memorize all the freckles on your face.

The shitty lamp on the bedside table is still on. All because you started reading this new book. This morning you told me you were totally psyched about it, but you were so tired you fell asleep 7 pages into the first chapter. You had a long day. Right before you fell asleep you set it down on the table next to our bed. But you forgot to switch off the lamp.

I had finally got comfortable and I've had a long day too, so naturally I don't want to get up to turn it off. Right before I go to shake you back awake, or whine at you to wake back up, my eyes fall on your cheeks.

Constellations permanently painted across your face. Freckles adorning the bridge of your nose and dancing up your cheek bones. Your slow and calm breaths keep as a timeless rhythm, a tune to which I can admire your raw and unbelievable beauty. Just as an astrologist feels at home in a planetarium, you are my mine. And I would never look away from the stars if you were my night sky.

Every line and pattern, another map, all leading to the same lovely eyes, that I would drown in without a second thought. They drowsily opened to meet mine, the two brightest stars, the center of my gravity. A pink blush joined the freckles, complimenting their beauty.

"I forgot the light" You whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

"Leave it, there's such a beautiful view tonight, I wouldn't want to miss it."

You hummed softly and closed your eyes. I smiled, finally I got to memorize every last freckle.