𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 17

𝐮𝐧𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐬𝐟𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 — in real life !

"how cute?" emma said referring to her newest cat who was trying to bite emma's fingers. nova sat down next to emma and stared at the two.

nova smiled and tilted her head to the side, "very cute." nova agreed and frankie quickly jumped off the bed to tackle declan.

emma laughed softly and picked her phone up, "what do you wanna do?" emma asked as she typed a quick message to her mom.

nova nervously played with the rings on her fingers and the pit in her stomach grew. "i have to tell you something." emma put her phone down and worriedly looked at nova.

"what's up novs?" emma asked and bit her lip softly. the action caused nova's breathing to speed up as she suddenly felt light headed from the overwhelming amount of emotions.

nova took a deep breath and started speaking, "i've liked this person for a while now and i really want to tell them how i feel. i'm scared they won't feel the same way though." nova looked deeply into emma's ocean eyes.

emma's bottom lip had fallen slightly as she tried to figure out who nova might be referring to. "is it ethan?" emma asked.

nova shook her head, "it's a girl." her rings started to slip from how clammy her hands we're getting from nerves.

"who is it? you know you can tell me anything right?" emma rubbed novas shoulder.

nova nodded, "it's you," emma looked taken back. "emma i like you. i have for a long time." emma sat their in silence not knowing what to say.

emma blinked rapidly, "wait! you like like me?" she asked with hesitance in her voice. nova nodded quickly.

emma took a few moments to process the information she had just received.

nova's heart started to beat faster she thought emma could hear it. "you really really like me?" emma said again trying to confirm nova's words.

"yes." she sighed and diverted her eyes from emma's.

emma didn't feel the same way, emma didn't love her. what was she thinking? emma would never love someone like her.

emma's warm hand held onto nova's. the feeling was comforting. nova's eyes moved back to emma's, "i like you too." emma shyly spoke.

the confidence returned in nova and she grabbed emma's face and connected their lips. emma's lips tasted like cherry. nova had always liked the cherry chapstick she had.

their lips moved together perfectly. the need for the kiss almost made it as if they had been wanting this for a long time.

she hoped that this moment would never end as she felt complete sitting here with emma.

they pulled away, "what now?" nova asked emma who licked her lips and breathed heavily.

emma thought before speaking up, she knew what she was going to say would hurt nova.

"listen, i like you a lot. i really do. but i feel like it's best if this is just not a public thing. we can tell a few of our friends but my career is just starting to take off and now how i'm perceived in the public eye is important and keeping up the imagine that i'm straight. i'm sorry." a single tear fell from nova's eye.

her body felt like it wasn't on earth anymore and not in a good way. the world around her had froze and she felt as if emma had shoved her hand so far into the nova's chest and squeezed the life out of her heart.

she never thought emma would ever do that to her. nova had hope for the first time, she thought emma would make her happy.

but emma doesn't want her.

nova quickly wiped her tears and smiled, "that's totally fine i get it. your career is more important then feelings, wow emma, should've just told me this earlier and saved me from all the rejection." nova stood up and started gathering her things.

"nova—" emma tried so hard to gain nova's attention but she quickly ran down the stairs and left the house.

nova sat in her car and quickly dialled ethan's number, "hey nova how did it go?" his cheerful voice spoke through the phone.

"can i come over?" she whimpered.

nova arrived at the dolan's house, ethan was already standing outside their house making nova smile. she got out of her car and walked over to him and ethan's heart broke seeing her so upset.

he quickly hugged her tightly before bringing her inside and into his room. "tell me, what happened?" he softly asked as they layed down on the bed.

nova rested her head on ethan's chest while he slowly threaded his things through her blonde hair.

"i told her. i told her that i liked her. she said she liked me too. i kissed her. it was all good until she started saying that she couldn't be with me because of how everyone would see her in the public eye. she didn't want people to know that she was gay, like it's some sort of disgrace." nova cried into ethan's chest.

ethan hugged her tightly and rubbed her back softly. "you're okay, it's okay." he whispered in her ear.

"i don't understand why it's so important to her, people look at me like i'm a slut all the time. people always call me fake, people yell horrible words at me just because i like girls and boys. but i still don't care what they say, why does emma care so much? if it's making her happy then she shouldn't be so closed off to the idea of ever loving me." nova grew angry.

she knew she shouldn't be getting angry but her emotions were going haywire and she didn't know what else to do.

"i don't know why she would do that." ethan honestly spoke. he thought emma would be happy with nova because of what she told him.

i guess he was wrong. "it hurts ethan." nova cried, ethan hugged her again.

"i know it hurts." he mumbled and kissed the top of her head.

"you'll be okay though, i've got you."

damn my heart hurted bro