Motherly Love

My POV:
"Alright kiddo, Time for bed." I tell sonic Who was playing on The PS4.
"Oh come on! It's only 3:30 in the afternoon! Please sparkle let me have 5 more minutes!" Sonic pleads. "No." I sternly say, making sonic's ears go down. "Okay sparkle." Sonic said, turning off and unplugging the PlayStation. "You can play tomorrow while my brother is it school, yeah?" Sonic just shrugged, huh? What is up with the little guy? We walk into sonic's room, and I wheal up against his bed. "Are you all cosy? "I asked sonic, who was sitting up. " Sonic? Is something bothering you?" I say gently, as I noticed a few tears streaming down his cheeks. "Why does every other kid have a mom and not me! Am I not allowed one?" Sonic questions. "Well, what about LongClaw buddy, isn't she your mom?" I remind him, remembering him telling me about her. "She sacrificed herself for me.." sonic said quietly. "She's gone..." he says crying. I proceeded to pick him up, sitting him on my lap and stroke his quills gently.

While singing, I use my pinky to trail along sonic's nose, his eyes starting to flutter as I sang, signalling that sonic was getting sleepy. "Don't go." Sonic tells me sleepily. "I won't baby, Mommy's here, Mommy's here..." I tell him, kissing his nose, his eyes were now closed, I continued humming to soothe him, stroking his quills gently.
5 minutes later.
"No! LongClaw! Nooooooo!" Sonic shouted in his sleep. "Shhhhh, hey, baby it's okay, you're not there anymore, you're safe, with me, in my arms." I tell him, I stroke his quills, saying phrases like: "It's over sweetie, it's over." Or, "I'm not gonna leave baby, I would never leave, I promise." Sonic felt comforted by these, I guess, LongClaw never gave him a nickname, probably because she didn't want to go to attached, so in case he was attacked she wouldn't feel as guilty. "Mom?" Sonic asked, looking up. "Yeah honey?"
" you won't leave me like LongClaw right?" I kissed his forehead, caressing his cheek. "No sonic, I won't." I tell him continuing to stroke his quills.
And that is Motherly Love.