A Date with Mike Nesmith

A Random Date with Michael Nesmith in the Point of view of Cassidy. By Ashleigh

"Ashleigh!" I whined, "I can't believe you told Peter I like Mike!"

"Why? What's wrong with it?" she asked with a frown.

"What's wrong?" I repeated her question back to her, "You mean you can't see what's wrong with telling Mike's best friend that I like him?"

"Not when I'm trying to help you get a date with him." She responded opening the fridge for something to eat.

I just sighed and gave up, "Fine, fine, how are you and your new boyfriend gonna help me get a date with Michael?" I asked rolling my eyes as she brightened up when I called Peter her boyfriend.

"Well," she said, "Peter and Mike are in a band with two other guys, and they are playing at Kip's tomorrow night."

"But we have to work." I stated stupidly.

"Duh, that means we get to wait on them when they finish their set." She smiled wickedly, "and that means you'll have to talk to Mike."

"But I can't talk to him," I whined, "You know what happens when I try. I freeze up and I can't get anything to come out."

"You can talk when boys talk first, right?" she asked sitting down with a bowl of ice-cream.

I nodded as she went on, "So we'll go over there together, and I'll start the conversation, and then let him talk to you, its quiet simple."

"Yeah," I said sarcastically, "Simple for you, your not the one who has to talk to a cute guy you don't really even know."

"No I don't, but I did when I ran into Peter at the store..." she said in a sing song voice as she bounded up the stairs to go to bed.

I moaned already dreading what could possibly go wrong the next day, and unfortunately for me, it came entirely too fast.

I was out of bed and at work within minutes it seems. I found I got off work right as The Monkees went on to play, I thought maybe I could get out of there before they got there, but was proved wrong when Peter stopped me at the door when they got there and I attempted to leave.

"Oh, hi Cassidy," he said with a smile.

"Hi Peter." I grumbled and moved out of the doorway so he could lead the rest of his band mates to the bandstand.

"Is Ashleigh around here somewhere?" Peter asked looking around for her.

I nodded, "yep, she just clocked it; she'll be out in a minute."

"Good." He said returning to his friends. I knew he was talking about me because he pointed in my direction and they all looked at me even Mike. I rolled my eyes at them and sat down at a random empty table.

I saw Ashleigh come out, she saw me and came over to me, "you know that's where The Monkees are reserved to sit right?" she could barely hold in her laughter as Peter came up behind her and kissed her cheek.

"Hi Ashleigh." He said when she turned around. He kissed her once and let her go, "where are we sittin?"

"Right here." She responded gesturing to the table I was still sitting at.

"Groovy," Peter grinned at me and called the other three over, "Ashleigh and Cassidy, these are my friends, Davy Jones," He pointed to a short guy with straight brown hair then to a tall guy with dark eyes and dark curly hair, "This is Micky Dolenz, and this is Mike Nesmith." Peter glanced at me and grinned when I didn't look Mike in the face.