Parte 1 Capítulo Diez

I closed the door behind me sunk down onto the floor. I buried my head into my arms and took a deep breath.

"Que paso?" I heard Jasmine ask me. "Or are you gonna flip out on me again for caring?" She sat down next to me.

I looked up. "Lo siento, prima. I didn't mean to flip out on you earlier."

She sighed and gave me a sympathetic smile. "It's fine. Bitches do crazy shit when it comes to los hombres."

"He's not my—"

"I know, I know," she smiled. "But... I just wanted to let you know that I won't harsh your vibe. Whatever, or should I say, whoever you want down there, I'm cool with it.

"Ew, Jazz!"

"What? Sex is a beautiful thing!" Jasmine replied.

I laughed. "Yeah, it is."

She gasped. "AY DIOS MÍO I KNEW IT!" She jumped up. "YOU BONED THAT TASTY CHOLO! How was it?" She winked.

My face went red. "Let's not talk about it. It was a mistake. Spooky's a dick." I said, getting up.

"Alright... I see you," she winked. "A big dick."

"Jasmine, I'm serious! He's going to make Cesar do something he'll regret for the rest of his life," I stated.

"Woah. You're not talking...?"

"Yeah... I am." I sighed. "I tried to talk him out of it but his bitchass ruca butted in."

"Is that jealousy I'm sensing?" Jasmine asked.

"No," I scoffed. It's not jealousy. I'm just pissed because I could've convinced Oscar to handle it himself rather than sending his brother to kill some kid."

——
Oscar's POV

"How 'bout you? Any special hynas on your mind?" Cesar asked after we talked about his girl.

I shrugged and took a drag. "Eh, maybe."

"Shiiiiit, is that why you weren't in town on Saturday? Homies said it wasn't a run." I shrugged again and smiled slightly. "So... when can I meet her?" He asked.

I chuckled and looked at the waves hitting the shore. "You already have, fool."

"Wait, really?" He got excited.

"Veronica's back in town." I stated. His face fell.

"Oh. Veronica. I forgot about her."

"What's wrong with Veronica?" I asked.

"Nothing, nothing!" He replied. "It's just... you guys have been on and off for ages. I was kinda hoping you'd find someone... you know...!" He struggled to find his words.

"Different?" I finished. He nodded. I took another drag. "Mano, I never said I didn't."

——

"Where have you been?" Veronica questioned as Cesar and I got home. "You're not making any time for me, ese. What's up with that?"

"I've been busy," I replied. "You know how it is." Cesar snuck away into his room.

"Okay. Take me out then. Tonight." She demanded.

"Not in the mood." I replied. I just had to tell my brother he needed to kill someone.

"Not in the mood? How come you're never in the mood to take me on dates but you're always in the mood to have sex? I'm your ruca! Start treating me like it!"

"Buenas noches," I said while walking to my room. She followed me to the room and grabbed my arm.

"Baby.... I'm sorry. I just miss you, that's all." She said. I turned around and she kissed me. I still wasn't in the mood.

"Do me a favor?" I started.

"Yes, anything," she smiled.

"Miss me tomorrow." I said as I walked into my room and closed the door.

——

Veronica was prowled on my lap as I saw Lena walking on her way to work. I whistled at her as she passed the house. "Ay, Mami." She rolled her eyes but stopped anyway. "Come here, I got a homie who's interested in you."

She scoffed. "No thanks."

"Why? You already spoken for?" I asked.

"Yeah," she replied. "By Jesús Christo himself." The homies laughed at her joke.

"We're Santos, close enough, right?" I stated.

"Nope," She replied. "Bye." She walked away. I couldn't help but smile at her sass.

Veronica smacked my chest. "Whatcha smiling at, fool?"

I rolled my eyes. "What? Am I not allowed to smile now?"

"Not at her. She's a child, and seems like a real puta." Veronica replied.

"Jealous?" I asked.

Veronica scoffed. "Puhleeze. She's got nothing on me."