2005 Pt 1: Umbrella

Warnings: Language, Violence, Blood

September 2005

Age: 18

Location: Underground Umbrella Lab based in Chicago

Heather

She was hiding behind a brick wall to the entrance of the underground facility, Wesker had done her the honors of hacking the camera systems; which allowed her to see the security guards outside of the entrance. They were having cigarettes and just talking to each other, obviously distracted and easy targets for her. She clicked the level 1 area of the facility just below the entrance and it was crowded with people who looked like a mix of scientists and supervisors.

It was surprising that there were still many employees at Umbrella, especially 7 years after the outbreak and the fall of Rockfort Island; but then again, it wasn't like they had no idea what they were doing. Umbrella's main goal was to create viruses and run experiments with them; nothing more, nothing less. It was confusing to say the least, what was the point if there was no reason to do anything other than experiment?

Wesker had stated once or twice that he knew why they did this, he just had never told Heather.

She clicked at the Level two page and it was much quieter there, scientists were in different rooms; possibly running some more experiments on animals before they did the human trials. The cameras info stated that there were a total of 100 employees and supervisors inside the facility at that moment, with 10 on level one, 30 on level two, and the final 60 on level three.

Level three was where all of the information Wesker wanted was; and according to him, it was the most heavily guarded area of the facility. She needed to find the main office, where all of the files were kept; and then she was to activate the facilities self destruct system.

Shouldn't be too hard. She thought to herself. But then again, when is it ever easy.

Heather smirked and put her mini laptop into her backpack, then slinging it over her shoulders and clicking it into place so it wouldn't fall off. It was midnight now, and she was wearing all black to easily hide herself; leggings, a turtleneck, and combat boots. She quickly and quietly hopped the gate to get to the other side, landing softly into the grass.

The area was mostly resembling the Spencer mansion entrance to the facility, a clear stone area with big bushes and trees up against the brick wall; the entrance looked more like a well or the startup to a fountain, but she knew better due to her experience. With the wolf medals that Wesker had replicated for her she would be able to enter the facility easily.

Her eyes darted to the guards, who were still chatting and facing their backs to her; she smiled at their stupidity, and began stalking towards them. She pulled out a long black baton and as soon as she got close, she hit one over the head with it; instantly knocking him out. The second guard went to call out but she twisted around and roundhouse kicked him in the face, knocking him out as well. She looked around to check if anyone heard them and then dragged their bodies behind the bushes nearby.

"Quick and easy." She muttered to herself.

"Isn't it always?"

The voice in her ear made her jump and then she realized that it was just Wesker in her earpiece.

"Jesus, a little warning maybe?" She snapped, taking a deep breath and trying to calm her heart pounding in her ears.

"You should always be prepared, pet."

She rolled her eyes, and shook her head; standing up to reach into her side pouch to get the medals.

"Yeah, okay." she replied snarkily, walking to the slots on the well/fountain concoction.