26- "The Elders"

When the Alpha and Luna raised their intertwined hands to the heavens, every one, young and old, men and women all bowed their heads in respect as they acknowledged "Alpha, Luna."

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

By the time the sun had risen on the new day, the grounds were cleared of bodies, the remaining patients were moved to the clinic, and the pack grounds returned to its normal environment, as if the night prior was the same as every night before it, and as if nothing historic had occurred just hours before.

Cilia's condition had much improved throughout the night, and according to Dr. Sarah's assessment, she would be released home soon.

Elany's heart had regained it's strength, and though she was comatose, with the help of Selene's power, she began to heal, and would soon wake from her sleep.

After news of Vladimir's death reached those in Melanie's clan who were in hiding, they all began heading home, and were awaiting their queen's arrival, which prompted a visit to the pack leaders, by the vampire Elders.

Demitrey cleared his throat as Adelina fixed his tie, then she wiped her hands down his outfit, in order to smooth out any possible wrinkles, and wipe off any small pieces of visible lint.

"Are you nervous?" Adelina asked Demitrey, as she saw to the task of fixing her hair after ensuring her husband appeared presentable and sharp.
"Aren't you? I mean the Vampire Elders showed up to our front door unannounced, and requesting an audience." Demitrey voiced, the worry in his voice evident, as his fingers fiddled with his cuff links.
"True, but that doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing." Adelina debated with a shrug, as she made eye contact with her husband through the mirror.
"Yeah, but what if they want to rescind the treaty that we signed with King Roland? That could cause serious upset, not to mention chaos, distrust, and wars between vampires and werewolves. Wars worse than before." Demitrey explained, his worries reasonable, but seeming far fetched.
"Okay sir, that's enough." Adelina sighed, shaking her head as she faced Demitrey, who in turn raised a curious eyebrow at her words.
"I don't think I care much for your tone." he playfully scolded, and she hummed before wrapping her arms around his neck and saying "yeah? well you're going to care for what I have to say next. The Elders crowned King Roland because they trusted in his abilities to make responsible decisions. His treaty has brought peace between two different creatures, and I doubt the Elders would want to be the reason for another century of bloodshed, so stop worrying. We're going to be fine."
Demitrey smiled and shook his head, then he added "Beautiful, sexy, and smart. Did I ever tell you that I am in love with you?"
"Not today." Adelina shrugged, smiling knowingly.
"Well," Demitrey began, as he sharply pulled her into his hold "I am head over heels in love with you." He declared with a smile, then he kissed her deeply, causing the butterflies to awake in Adelina's stomach.

"Ewww! Mommy! Daddy!" Anna-Marie teased as she ran into their room with her rushing babysitter in tow.
"Alpha, Luna, I am so sorry, she insisted on coming here." The baby sitter quickly bowed her head and apologized.
"No worries Cynthia, I know what a defiant troublemaker she can be." Adelina pardoned, as she picked her daughter up, earning a kiss on the cheek from her giddy girl.
"Yeah, just like her mother." Demitrey voiced, earning an elbow to the stomach from his wife, then he chuckled and said sarcastically "Ow."

Before Adelina could reply, Kade knocked and opened the door as he said "they're ready for you."

With a nod, and another sigh, Demitrey ushered his Luna and daughter out the door, with the Beta in tow, as well as Cynthia.

Demitrey was dressed in a black suit, with a white dress shirt and black tie. His hair was combed and gelled down, bringing attention to his well defined face, and mesmerizing eyes. His face was cleanly shaven, and he looked just as good as the first day Adelina laid eyes on him.