29- "The Coronation"

They had their happy ending.
Well, he could only hope that they had their happy ending.
Demitrey didn't slow down until he reached the cliff, and when he crashed onto the clearing, he skidded to a stop, just as his heart skipped a beat.

*Third person's pnt. Of view*

There, in the clearing, Demitrey saw Adelina and Melanie sharing a picnic, as they laughed and chatted away.

Seeing his wife laughing and happy, and seeing the light in her eyes made his heart flutter. He loved it when he caught her like that. Her emotions were always so pure, never faked, never forced either. He could never get tired of that.

But of course, all good things must come to an end, and as much as he hated being the bearer of bad news, he'd have to be a party pooper.

"What in the world. Girls, do you know what day it is?" Demitrey spoke as he approached the women in haste, catching them off guard.
"This was your idea wasn't it?" Demitrey asked Adelina suspiciously, and she turned to Melanie as she said "see, I told you he'd blame me. Come on." Adelina stated, as she stood and her sister followed.
"Actually Alpha, this was my idea, I just needed a moment to clear my head before the ceremony." Melanie explained, as they began making their way back into the forest.
"Well I'm glad you're feeling better Princess, but as soon as we get back on the grounds, you have to go get ready.
"Oh come on, she has time." Adelina brushed off, and Demitrey sent her a look to which she simply raised her hands in show that she wasn't looking for trouble.

Demitrey shook his head and said "actually you have about one hour. Given that we didn't notice that you were missing until 2:00 PM, and we combed through the entire castle which took a good hour, and I found you now, which means that based on the casual stroll we are now taking back to the castle, we will get there by what, 5:00 PM? So yeah, one hour."
"Wooow." Both Adelina and Melanie drawled out, and Demitrey rolled his eyes at their childlike behaviors before they burst into laughter.

By the time they had reach the castle grounds, the environment was bustling and busy. Guards and escorts were working hand in hand in order to ensure that all arriving guests were led to the proper destination.

Cilia's staff ensured that the castle was decorated and fit to welcome a king, and Anila's catering team kept the guests fed, and their glasses replenished.

Kade, Aaron and James had given the guards the rundown on how to control the environment, so everything was going smoothly once again.

Demitrey and Adelina quickly ushered Melanie to her room, then they made their way to their room, but not before the Luna made sure that Anna-Marie was being prepared.

"Demitrey, no." Adelina giggled, as her husband hugged her from behind, landing a kiss on her neck.
His way of coaxing her into joining him for a shower.
"Why not? I'll behave." Demitrey bargained.
"Yeah, but I'm not sure if I will." Adelina muttered before she could catch herself, causing her face to inflame.
"What?" Demitrey asked quickly, just as she moved from his arms.
"Nothing." Adelina denied just as quickly, as she avoided his gaze.
"Mmh... God knows how much I'd love to take advantage of this moment, but we have to go get ready, so, ladies first." Demitrey ceded, as he allowed her space so she could get ready, then as soon as she walked into the bathroom and closed the door he yelled "ten minutes!"
"I know!" Adelina screamed back, and Demitrey furrowed his eyebrows as he replied "don't raise your voice at me."
"Yeah, yeah, whatever." Adelina stated.
"Adelina." Demitrey said in a warning tone.
"Alright, alright." She stated in a surrendering tone, as she began getting ready.

Meanwhile, in the guest chambers, Melanie had just exit from the shower, when she heard a knock at the door.

Securing a bathrobe around her body, she made her way to the door, and she knew by the way her heart accelerated, there could only be one person on the other side of the door, so instead of opening it, she laid her heard against the wooden surface, and spoke "Aaron."
"Can I come in?" He asked softly, laying his head against the door as well.
"I have to get ready." Melanie explained, though she couldn't ignore the flutter in her chest, and the way her breathing changed, as her mind recreated the feeling of Aaron's lips on hers.
"So that's a no?" Aaron asked, a smile playing on his lips. He doesn't when, but somehow someway, he had fallen head over heels in love with her.
"For now, yes." Melanie giggled, as her fingers caressed the door. If only he knew just how much she actually wanted to open that door.
"Can I at least kiss you good luck?" Aaron coaxed softly, he just wanted to be close to her, and for a moment, it was silent, and he barely heard it when she opened the door, just enough for her to poke her head out.