Prologue

Ashley, now sixteen has been locked up in a dark square room. The coldness has filled the room, her breath shows just slightly and a sliver of light leaks in through the keyhole. Her clothes are raged down, skin dirty and food is not fresh.

'The darkness has covered me, and the coldness numbs my life, every second I crawl on my knees' she talks in the shadows.

Her eyes are used to the dark. And she looks through the keyhole just to notice seeing the light from the ceiling. Her dark blue green eyes are reflected from the light. She looks around the room she is seeing through the keyhole.

She noticed the guard. He is sitting down on the chair right by the desk. Ashley yells at the top of her lungs, to get the guards attention. The guard did not move. Ashley scanned around to find some old broken down rocks and stone. The dark room she was in once had a small burning fire in it. She grabbed some of the charcoal remains.

She grabbed the crack stone she found in a corner and she grabbed the charcoal. She scrapped the two pieces of stone together, they began to make sparks. She was scrapping for an hour trying to get the charcoal lite and burning. After two hundred strikes she finally was able to get a spark, big enough to get the charcoal burning.

She takes off her worn down short shorts, and puts a little bit in the flame she had made. Trying to get them caught. She tilted the shorts so the flame can get caught on other parts of it. Once it's all lit she throws it, it lands in the opposite corner from what she's in. She realizes there is a skeletal body by the door.

She also notices a viewing mirror. She walks up to it, it's on the wall closer to her. She looks through it but like always it's dark and not see through. She grips her hand into a fist and she pulls her arm back like she's ready to throw a pitch. And slams her palm straight to the mirror. The sound it makes echoes in the room.

"Let me out!" She yells, "you haven't fed me in two days. And I'm hungry." She puts her hand down, the fire is going out very slowly. She thinks very quickly as she takes her long sleeve shirt off. Her undergarments were showing as She wraps it around her fist. Ashley brings her arm back again. This time she punches the glass as hard as she can. Her hand felt the impact. It hurt. What greets her as the glass shatters into millions of pieces is complete brightness.