Prologue

The entrance of the towering maze stood in front of me, luring me in. Excitement ran through my veins and a smile soon found its way to my face.
It was dark, extremely so, yet I could see the pathway clearly. It didn't start out like a normal maze with two ways a curious soul had to choose between. Left or right, coin of the soul's fate was responsible for the seemingly innocent decision the mind was about to make.

This maze though, it was just one way heading straight what looked like into nothingness. I couldn't see a thing after that. On both sides of the road were a couple other ways here and there, randomly littered around. Why would anyone pick those roads if a perfectly straight one was beneath their own two feet? Quite a simple answer- because it was easy, a logical thing to do. Sometimes complicated questions don't need a complicated answer, this motto went along with almost everything I did, really.

As soon as I put my bare leg into the unknown territory, I was greeted rather coldly with a whopping minus degrees. Choosing a summer dress for this occasion turned out to be a stupid idea after all.

I tilted my head upwards only to be met with a blanket of dead branches. Only a few pecks of the ocean color were to be seen but no sun. The overwhelming greed made the vines swallow it.

I then turned my gaze back on the path, and with a confident breath, I started walking towards the centre.
Cold, wet drops of rain were all around the long grass. The branches did let some of it in after all, it didn't matter that it hadn't rained for a week now.

Each footstep brought me closer to the unforgiving cold. Biting me at the flesh, trying to steal a drop of a young's blood. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

Darkness swirled in my cloudy mind, whispering sweet words into my ears. Inviting me into the warmth I've known all my life, I just had to turn around. My mouth twitched at the thoughts. I just got here, I want to go on, yet, why was my mind lying to me? I chuckled, with a wicked smile on my face, mind was a fucked up place.

One, two, three, and four, light steps on the grass, the long leaves' water drops reflecting my movements, as if following them.
All was dandy until the darkness at the end was no more.