The Dream

Autumn's POV

I didn't want to sleep. I didn't think I could sleep, but my body told me otherwise. I've been trying to ignore the pounding headache that I had for a while, but I couldn't anymore. I was close to passing out.

My friends probably felt the same, because Lynn whispered, "Let's find somewhere to sleep"

We went up the creaky and broken-down stairs. A step broke under Terry's foot, and a chunk of the handrail broke off when I grabbed onto it. I caught it, placed it down carefully, and continued the dangerous journey up the stairs. We went into a room with 3 beds. The perfect number. It was as if the house was prepared for us. I wanted to point this out, but I was going to pass out. Without a word, we each headed to one of the beds. I drifted off the second I laid down.

I woke up to a bang. I could see the ground shaking. I knew before I looked outside. The beast made it through. I looked to Terry and Lynn, opening my mouth, but no sound came out. I tried again, but there was no time. We all ran downstairs. The beast was there. His glowing red eyes focused on us. I sprinted towards the door. His furry hand reached out and tried to grab me. I jerked away. He backed us up into a corner, right up against the red curtains. I felt something open behind me. Terry, Lynn, and I all looked behind the curtain. The bulletin board swung open! We descended down dirt stairs. The passageway rumbled behind us. The beast couldn't fit! We entered a room with glowing letters lining the walls. We could hear whispers of what I thought were spirits. Their words are undistinguishable. The room rumbled again. Large parts of the ceiling started caving in. Terry disappeared into the rubble first. I looked up, just to see a chunk of dirt crash down on me.

I woke in a pool of sweat. There was no pain. I sat up to find Terry staring at me. Lynn sat up a second later, trembling with fear. We all met eyes and shouted the same thing:"I just had the weirdest dream ever!!!"

It was all a dream... Or was it?