Chapter 1: Arriving in Forks

Luna ^
Luna's POV:
I finally get off the plane and scan everyone's minds on where my father is and I find him after I grab my bags. I decided to go to Forks and start my senior year there. Reading minds can be helpful, and it wasn't the easiest thing to learn to control. I can zone in on certain people and groups to find out what they are planning or just thinking about. Nobody knows about it. I hug my dad and we go to his cop car and he asks, "How was New York?"

I say, "New York is crowded. I missed the trees and grass. Nature in general. You have to be able to go outside of the city to see it."

He laughs and we head to the car and I fall asleep on the ride home and Dad shakes me awake and says, "Your car has arrived."

I say, "You got me a car?"

He smiles and says, "Yes. It's a 2002 Toyota Camry LE."

I see the black exterior and the interior is a dark gray. I squeal, "Thank you!"

Dad says, "You're very welcome."

I check out the car and then we grab my bags and head inside and take them up to my room. There's a tree outside my window. I get to unpack and Dad pokes his head in and says, "We are going to go to the diner for dinner."

I reply, "You know I can cook right?"

Dad replies, "No"

He leaves and heads downstairs. School starts in a few days so I'm going to get myself another desk for my makeup and a mirror so I don't hog the bathroom with all of my products. I left those products untouched. I threw on a pair of jean shorts and a t-shirt and went downstairs so we could leave for the diner.

We hop in my car since I want to drive and he gives me directions on how to get there

We hop in my car since I want to drive and he gives me directions on how to get there. We walk inside and everyone is staring at me and I smile and wave at everyone. We get seated and we order. Dad got steak and potatoes and I got a burger with some fries and a sweet tea. Everyone kept coming up and introducing themselves to me and Dad says, "Waylon, neither one of them are going to remember you they haven't had a Christmas here since they were 4."

My eyes widen and say, "He was buttcrack Santa?"

Everyone laughs and so does Waylon and he says, "She does remember."

Cora comes over and says, "Waylon, let the girl eat. She just got here today. Excited for school?"

I smile and say, "Maybe. I'm not sure yet. I don't know any one here yet. I think I'm going shopping tomorrow."

Dad says, "Go ahead. I'm not going to keep you cooped up in the house. Go down to the reservation and see Jake and Billy if you want."

I say, "Ok, I will try. Do you know anyone who is selling a desk and a mirror?"

Dad says, "You have a desk. Why do you need a mirror?"

Cora is laughing at him and I giggle and say, "The desk is to store my makeup and keep it organized and the mirror is so I can put it on in my room."