chapter 1

CANDICE
As the sun filters in through my Vancouver apartment, I roll over in bed and promptly get tangled up in my sheets and fall out of bed. I get up off the floor and do my daily routine, shower, breakfast and dress plain with no makeup because I know they will do it when I get to work. I plop myself down into a makeup chair and start conversation with Kate, one of my good friends on set who watches all the dogs while we're off shooting. Kate and I are chatting about the weekend and the weather and a dreaded piece of conversation, my love life. It's not like I don't like talking about men and dates and looking for love but I've just been so single for such a long time that I've kind of given up on that idea. Plus it doesn't hurt that I've been crushing on Grant since we've met and it seems we're just destined to just be best friends. Kate knows about my crush because as she says it's obvious because of the way that I look at him. "So, what's the plan with you and Grant this weekend? Doing more hanging out?" "Oh my gosh Kate it isn't like that. We're just friends and you know that." We both laugh though but Kate's relentless, "If nothing's going on between you two, then why don't you give someone else a try? There's plenty of guys out there who would kill for a date with you." "Yeah, I know but it never seems like there's ever the right timing or the right guy." Kate continues, "Okay but you said that Michael asked you out for this weekend, you have to say yes." "Alright fine, I'll say yes but just this once." Kate whoops and I just shrug saying, "Well, I could do much worse, he is successful and smart and hot." Like as though he was planning that moment, Grant walks into the make up trailer and asks "Were you talking about me again?" "Haha you wish." I reply snarkily but Kate buts in with, "Haha no we were talking about how Candice is going to go on a date with Micheal this weekend." At that moment I see multiple emotions fly over Grant's face but it settles on a smile saying"Oh that's so great!" He abruptly runs out saying that he forgot something. Kate goes "Oh my god did you see his face? He was so jealous, he looked so upset and sad when I told him that you were going on a date." "Yeah yeah, I wish.
GRANT
Huh. She's going on a date...with a guy that isn't me. When I walked in that trailer I didn't even need to get my makeup done, I had already gotten it done, I just heard her laughter and needed to go in there and see her and then I saw her face glowing as she talked to Kate and petting Zoë with one hand absentmindedly. I used a stupid line when I walked in just to make her laugh. But when Kate said that she was going on a date especially with Michael, why him? He's so perfect and charming and whatever. And he probably shaves and regrows that beard every night so. I was jealous and I'll admit it. Candice and I are best friends we talk about everything and nothing between us will ever change because she obviously doesn't feel the same way. Maybe I'll find a date and beg Kate to tell me where they are going to dinner, just to make sure that she's okay. Just keep telling yourself that Grant.

AUTHORS NOTE
hey! so just wanted to say a couple things, especially thank you so much if you came here from my other fic, the one shots-it means a lot that you're interested in my fics and you want them to keep coming. this is also my first time writing a multi chap so it's different but a good different so just be patient with me! thanks again!
love you guys sm,
-ilovewestallen8

CHAT W ME ON OTHER PLACES ⬇️
i'm on insta and tumblr as the same user, ilovewestallen8
come see it, if you have any ideas or to follow me or if you just wanna chat-i'm welcome to that 🥰